Changing Domain or PO path causes the admin service to crash

Hello,

can anyone confirm that changing a PO or domain path causes the admin service to crash?
I have attempted this multiple times with two seperate installs, and it happened on both.
Looking at the log didnt give any clues.
After starting the admin service again, the path is still the original path.

Regards,
Scott
Parents
  • comless scott wrote:

> can anyone confirm that changing a PO or domain path causes the admin service
    > to crash? I have attempted this multiple times with two seperate installs, and
    > it happened on both. Looking at the log didnt give any clues. After starting
    > the admin service again, the path is still the original path.

So, the system comes up okay, and allows you to go into the Admin service, and
    there you attempt to change the path? I've actually had it simply not "stick",
    but not actually crash the system.

While I know Novell doesn't "want" us to do it, if all else fails you can edit
    the path with ConsoleOne . . . .

--
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Upgrading to GroupWise 2014? We've got you covered
    http://www.caledonia.net/store

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • comless scott wrote:

> can anyone confirm that changing a PO or domain path causes the admin service
    > to crash? I have attempted this multiple times with two seperate installs, and
    > it happened on both. Looking at the log didnt give any clues. After starting
    > the admin service again, the path is still the original path.

So, the system comes up okay, and allows you to go into the Admin service, and
    there you attempt to change the path? I've actually had it simply not "stick",
    but not actually crash the system.

While I know Novell doesn't "want" us to do it, if all else fails you can edit
    the path with ConsoleOne . . . .

--
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Upgrading to GroupWise 2014? We've got you covered
    http://www.caledonia.net/store

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
Children
No Data