Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: GroupWise message limit reached. There may be

Why is some of my groupwise users getting this error message and other's are not.

Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: GroupWise message limit reached. There may be more messages.

The Maximum number of items to read (in thousands): setting for IMAP in GWIA is set to 0. (which I'm assuming means unlimited).

Regards

NL

• I'm not absolutely sure, but i'd rather think that "0" means "default" here, which (from the docs) should be 4000. You might want to compare this with what's really downloaded and adapt the settings as needed.

Note that for IMAP via POA the default is 20000 (if the docs are correct), if the users in question access GW internally it might be wise to access the POA directly for performance reasons anyway.

• Accessing the POA directly with IMAP can kill your POA!. I do not really recommend this access for common users; maybe for administration activities, but not for users.

I had a large customer who allowed this kind of access. But IMAP is sometimes unpredictable and takes all resources. So your common users will feel it. This customer already considered to remove GroupWise because of lack of performance!

If you move this access to the GWIA and the GWIA will be killed somehow, your GroupWise postoffice still can service GroupWise users. In my case I saved GroupWise.
    Especially schools and universities have to support a heap of clients, many of them use IMAP; so create some GWIAs which support just this protocol. Maybe add POP, if you have to.

• I couldn't find IMAP in my POA document, but I think the "0" must mean 4000 as that's all Outlook would download.  Once the documents was deleted, it stopped giving this error message.

Is there a way to check the number of documents/emails in a folder in groupwise?

• That's what we've expected. For IMAP on GWIA the default is 4000 and "0" means "default".

What do you mean with "documents deleted"?

Easiest way to check the number of items in a folder would be to launch the fat client, rightclick the folder, select "properties", click "contains".

• What do you mean with "documents deleted"? - some emails was deleted.

Easiest way to check the number of items in a folder would be to launch the fat client, right click the folder, select "properties", click "contains". - Is there a way to do this via GroupWise Admin console?  OR a way to see to do this for all folders ?

• It depends a little bit on your GroupWise version. If you run GroupWise 18.x then open a user in your administration console. There is an option "User Mailbox" which contains "Statistics". But it is a summary, not a per folder statistics.

GWcheck will deliver a similar output.