Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: GroupWise message limit reached. There may be

Why is some of my groupwise users getting this error message and other's are not.

Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: GroupWise message limit reached. There may be more messages.

The Maximum number of items to read (in thousands): setting for IMAP in GWIA is set to 0. (which I'm assuming means unlimited).

Regards

NL

Parents
  • I'm not absolutely sure, but i'd rather think that "0" means "default" here, which (from the docs) should be 4000. You might want to compare this with what's really downloaded and adapt the settings as needed.

Note that for IMAP via POA the default is 20000 (if the docs are correct), if the users in question access GW internally it might be wise to access the POA directly for performance reasons anyway.

• Accessing the POA directly with IMAP can kill your POA!. I do not really recommend this access for common users; maybe for administration activities, but not for users.

I had a large customer who allowed this kind of access. But IMAP is sometimes unpredictable and takes all resources. So your common users will feel it. This customer already considered to remove GroupWise because of lack of performance!

If you move this access to the GWIA and the GWIA will be killed somehow, your GroupWise postoffice still can service GroupWise users. In my case I saved GroupWise.
    Especially schools and universities have to support a heap of clients, many of them use IMAP; so create some GWIAs which support just this protocol. Maybe add POP, if you have to.

• Accessing the POA directly with IMAP can kill your POA!. I do not really recommend this access for common users; maybe for administration activities, but not for users.

I had a large customer who allowed this kind of access. But IMAP is sometimes unpredictable and takes all resources. So your common users will feel it. This customer already considered to remove GroupWise because of lack of performance!

If you move this access to the GWIA and the GWIA will be killed somehow, your GroupWise postoffice still can service GroupWise users. In my case I saved GroupWise.
    Especially schools and universities have to support a heap of clients, many of them use IMAP; so create some GWIAs which support just this protocol. Maybe add POP, if you have to.

Children
No Data