[SOLVED][Windows] gwadj2.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32 application

Just to confirm, my co-worker is in fact seen below in the replies - for anyone hesitant on responding.

I am having issues starting GroupWise Administrative Console today. Error below:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\Novell\GroupWise Server\admin\lib\gwadj2.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32 application at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1941) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1857) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:870) at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1122) at com.novell.gw.api.config.services.GwWindowsServices.<clinit>(GwWindowsServices.java:49) at com.novell.gw.api.config.services.GwServices.getInstance(GwServices.java:70) at com.novell.gw.api.main.GwAdminService.main(GwAdminService.java:156)

I have tried starting the service, as well as manually starting the gwadmin.jar file via command line. It produces the same result.

Command I used is the same command that the service uses:

jre\bin\java.exe -Dlog4j.configuration="file:///C:\Program Files\Novell\GroupWise Server\admin\gwadmin-logging.xml" -DLOGPATH="%PROGRAMDATA%\Novell\Groupwise\gwadmin\logs" -jar gwadmin.jar -auto

(Note: jre\bin\java.exe is IN the GroupWise Server\admin folder, included during installation)

Server Specs:

• JRE 1.8.0_144 (64bit)
    • jre1.8.0_221 (32bit & 64bit)
    • jdk1.8.0_221 (32bit & 64bit)
  • GW: GroupWise Version 2014 R2

What has already been done to try and resolve this?

• Reinstalled all current JRE / JDK. This resolved a PATH variable issue, however the above error still comes up.
  • We tried uninstalling NICI 32bit (As seen as a solution to a similar but different issue here)
  • We even reinstall groupwise completely.

I would like to point out that even trying to change a users password via ConsoleOne shows no errors but does NOT work either. Not sure if it's related.

This started happening after the server hard crashed due to a BSOD. I am sure there has been some data loss here of course due to the crash, however - I have tried installing GW2014 on a fresh VM in a different location remotely and the result is the EXACT same. This new VM has similar specs to the server mentioned above.

Any one have any ideas?

Parents

•  wrote:

I would like to point out that even trying to change a users password via ConsoleOne shows no errors but does NOT work either. Not sure if it's related.

You should not be using ConsoleOne with GroupWise 2014!

• Thanks KBOYLE. I work with the OP of the post. We took over a client that is using GroupWise. We have never used it ourselves. So we are brand new with this software. We are learning slowly! We tried to change the password through console one, but it obviously didn't do anything.

This started happening after the server hard crashed due to a BSOD. We also changed the administrator password on the server as we were taking it over from a previous IT guy, and had to lock him out. Would the password change have anything to do with it?

• Thanks KBOYLE. I work with the OP of the post. We took over a client that is using GroupWise. We have never used it ourselves. So we are brand new with this software. We are learning slowly! We tried to change the password through console one, but it obviously didn't do anything.

This started happening after the server hard crashed due to a BSOD. We also changed the administrator password on the server as we were taking it over from a previous IT guy, and had to lock him out. Would the password change have anything to do with it?

Children
No Data