We are acutely aware of the pressing need for a mobility solution to replace GroupWise Mobile Server. In addition to synchronizing GroupWise e-mail, calendar data and contacts with the latest mobile devices, including the Apple iPhone—this solution will remove a significant barrier to GroupWise 8 upgrades.
As many of you know, we have been actively working on a solution, the Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack, for several months. The mobility pack includes a sync engine, a GroupWise connector and a mobility connector that supports all ActiveSync-enabled devices. The mobility pack is scheduled for authorized beta in April.
However, we're pleased to let you know that in today's closing BrainShare keynote, we're announcing a technology preview of the product. This open preview will be available at http://www.novell.com/mobilitypreview. Please cascade this information to all of your customers who have been awaiting news about Novell's mobility solution.
In the meantime, please note the following details about the Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack Technology Preview:
1. Remember that this is a technology preview that is not supported or recommended for production environments.
2. Novell plans to refresh the code with regular builds.
3. The mobility pack requires GroupWise 8.01 with the latest patches and 64-bit SLES 11.
4. Technology preview users can provide feedback and interact with each other at http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/data-synchronizer/mobility-pack-tech-preview/.
NOTE: Please note that while product engineers will monitor comments, they will not be able to respond to all feedback and requests provided through this forum.
5. The shipping mobility pack will be provided free of charge to all Novell GroupWise, Novell Teaming, Novell Open Workgroup Suite and Novell Open Workgroup Suite Small Business Edition customers with current maintenance coverage.
6. Customers will need to re-install and re-configure the mobility pack when it ships. The technology preview cannot be converted into a production deployment.
Documentation can be found here: