Calendar Server: Update failed

Sometimes I am tiered ....

Try to run the update GW18.2.1 to a GWCalDAV (GroupWise Calendar Server) via ./install.sh ...

First I get the message that the packages signature is not trusted. I have no change to import the signature while running the update script.

Ok, so I search the RPM and install with rpm -Uvh groupwise-calsvr-webapp-18.2.1-135777.noarch.rpm

Than the install proceed but then:

(...)
<code>
Updating / installing...
1:groupwise-calsvr-webapp-18.2.1-13################################# [ 50%]
gwcalsvr.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
Executing /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable gwcalsvr
redirecting to systemctl start gwcalsvr.service
Job for gwcalsvr.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status gwcalsvr.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
Cleaning up / removing...
2:groupwise-calsvr-webapp-18.1.2-13################################# [100%]
</code>

What the heck ...

Check the process table and and the listening ports and found that gwcaldav (java) is running; try to stop the process without success so I have to kill the process.

Redo the rpm -Uvh and get:

<code>
# rpm -Uvh groupwise-calsvr-webapp-18.2.1-135777.noarch.rpm
warning: groupwise-calsvr-webapp-18.2.1-135777.noarch.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f1d670af: NOKEY
error: Failed dependencies:
groupwise-calsvr-webapp is obsoleted by groupwise-calsvr-webapp-18.2.1-135777.noarch
groupwise-calsvr-webapp is obsoleted by (installed) groupwise-calsvr-webapp-18.2.1-135777.noarch
</code>

Huu? Now it is already installed?

Do a rcgwcalsvr start and rcgwcalsvr status get the green lights ... port is listening also ...

OK, that seems good.

But why the first attempt to update via the install.sh script does not run?

Tags: