Partitioning on SLES 12 for Groupwise 2014

I am preparing a SLES 12 system for GW 2014, which will eventually be upgraded to 2018. I will have an approx. 1 TB drive. The default partitioning for a SLES 12 install puts the bulk of the available space in the Home folder (XFS format). I don't believe this folder is an acceptable location for my Groupwise domain and po folders.

How should I be setting up the partitions? And how is it accomplished using the Expert Partioner option?

Thanks,

Scott

Parents
  •  

Hi Scott,

You could add a second drive (sdb ?) to your SLES system and dedicate it to GroupWise. This approach makes it easy to attach the drive to a newer version of GroupWise should you choose to, or need to, do a migration rather than an in-place upgrade. You may also get a slight performance improvement with a second drive on its own controller.

•  

Hi Scott,

You could add a second drive (sdb ?) to your SLES system and dedicate it to GroupWise. This approach makes it easy to attach the drive to a newer version of GroupWise should you choose to, or need to, do a migration rather than an in-place upgrade. You may also get a slight performance improvement with a second drive on its own controller.

Children
No Data