Shared Folder - Changing Sub-Folder Names

I have noticed that if the owner of a Shared Folder with sub-folders,
changes the name of a sub-folder, that name change is not replicated to
the shared users.
Similarly if the sub-folders within the main shared folder are
re-organized (ie nested in a new order), that replciatioun does not
take place either.

Is this working as designed or a bug ?

GW 2012 SP2

Thanks,

Steve

Tags:

  • Hi Steve,

    Are you seeing this issue across post offices, or within a single post office?

    Cheers,
  • Across post offices and within ...

    If it's a factor, the source user of the shared folder is an External
    Entity - no e-Dir counterpart.

    Steve



    laurabuckley wrote:

    >
    > Hi Steve,
    >
    > Are you seeing this issue across post offices, or within a single post
    > office?
    >
    > Cheers,

  • Hi Steve,

    Thanks for the info. One more question though.... are these clients in caching mode?

    Cheers,
  • "Steve" wrote:

    > Is this working as designed or a bug ?


    Depends on your perspective I think ;-)

    I suspect it is WAD. It is not a dynamic process. Even before the ability to
    share a folder tree, once the user had accepted the folder, structural changes
    (moving things around, renaming etc.) were not passed to the sharees. Sharing
    sub-folders just allows a chunk of folders to be shared at one time, but still
    doesn't prevent either the older or the recipients from renaming or moving
    things around independently after the fact.

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    GroupWise 2014 is just around the corner - will you be ready?
    http://bit.ly/cat-gw2014

    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • Online mode ...

    laurabuckley wrote:

    >
    > Hi Steve,
    >
    > Thanks for the info. One more question though.... are these clients
    > in caching mode?
    >
    > Cheers,

  • This shared folder is a work in progress with changes happening weekly.


    I guess the only way to do this is to remove all the Share privileges
    (ie - delete the shared folder on the other end) and then re-share it
    out.



    DZanre wrote:

    > "Steve" wrote:
    >
    > > Is this working as designed or a bug ?

    >
    > Depends on your perspective I think ;-)
    >
    > I suspect it is WAD. It is not a dynamic process. Even before the
    > ability to share a folder tree, once the user had accepted the
    > folder, structural changes (moving things around, renaming etc.) were
    > not passed to the sharees. Sharing sub-folders just allows a chunk
    > of folders to be shared at one time, but still doesn't prevent either
    > the older or the recipients from renaming or moving things around
    > independently after the fact.

  • Hi Steve,

    You could always look to a third party app that does this synchronisation. Something like Omni Riva Managed Policies allows a 'tree' of subfolders to be periodically synced and updated as new folders are added.

    Mark.