GW Admin shows PO "Not running"

This is GW 14.2.1 (build 124014, I think), on a XEN VM and I may have got myself into trouble while trying to get Mobility Service (on another XEN VM) to work, after doing a fresh / reinstall of SLES11sp4 on the host server. Yesterday GroupWise, including webaccess worked for the first time, but today after trying all kinds of things to get Mobility service working (which it did briefly) most things seem to have stopped. I'm toying with uninstalling GW
  • Further to my post, I found the following in the POA log file, but will need some help to understand it:

    22:27:43 7C8E Checking guardian database
    22:27:43 8578 Warning, configured address may not match actual address.
    22:27:43 8578 May only be a problem with DNS configuration
    22:27:43 8578 Configured Address : domain-name.com.au
    22:27:43 8578 Machine Address : <my external static IP>
    22:27:43 8578
    22:27:43 8578 Error opening listener port [8509]
    22:27:43 8578 Shutdown of Threads
    22:27:43 8578 Error Starting TCP/IP Agent: [8509]
    22:27:45 7C8E Guardian database: OK
    22:27:45 8578 Accumulated POA Statistics Data
    22:27:45 8578 Up Time: 0 Days 0 Hours 0 Minutes
    22:27:45 8578 C/S Requests: 0
    22:27:45 8578 Client Caching Requests: 0
    22:27:45 8578 Client Caching Primed: 0
    22:27:45 8578 Message Processed: 0
    22:27:45 8578 Message Undelivered: 0
    22:27:45 8578 GWCheck Requests: 0
    22:27:45 8578
    22:27:46 8578 ************************* Terminating *************************
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  • Hi Jerome,

    On the server.... first use rcgrpwise stop po-name.dom-name just to be sure.
    Go to the POA directory on the server and look for uid.run - if the file exists delete it.
    Use: pf -eaf | grep gwpoa and ensure no gwpoa process are running. If there are any such process running kill them: kill -9 [PID number]

    Then start your POA using the rcgrpwise start po-name.dom-name command.

    Let us know the outcome.

    Cheers,
  • On 25.04.2018 15:44, zexec4 wrote:
    >
    > Further to my post, I found the following in the POA log file, but will
    > need some help to understand it:
    >
    > 22:27:43 7C8E Checking guardian database
    > 22:27:43 8578 Warning, configured address may not match actual address.



    That is pretty clear. YOu have configured your POA to use an IP address
    that your server doesn't have. Seems like you told it to use your public
    IP which however is natted to the outside by some other device. You have
    to configure it with a local IP.

    CU,
    --
    Massimo Rosen
    Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
    No emails please!
    http://www.cfc-it.de
  • Sorry Laura, but that did not improve things. The uid.run was there and I deleted it, but the pf... command resulted in 'Command not found' so I don't know if there was any other gwpoa process running. Will look into Massimo's response next.
    (After restarting the agent, it still comes back 'unused'.
    Jerome
  • On 25.04.2018 17:04, Massimo Rosen wrote:
    > On 25.04.2018 15:44, zexec4 wrote:
    >>
    >> Further to my post, I found the following in the POA log file, but will
    >> need some help to understand it:
    >>
    >> 22:27:43 7C8E Checking guardian database
    >> 22:27:43 8578 Warning, configured address may not match actual address.

    >
    >
    > That is pretty clear. YOu have configured your POA to use an IP address
    > that your server doesn't have. Seems like you told it to use your public
    > IP which however is natted to the outside by some other device. You have
    > to configure it with a local IP.


    I forgot to mention: To chnage the IP of the POA, you have to do a post
    office rebuild after doing so. As the POA isn't running, it can't change
    it's configuration itself.

    CU,
    --
    Massimo Rosen
    Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
    No emails please!
    http://www.cfc-it.de
  • I am raising an SR to try to fix this.
  • Hi Jerome,

    Sorry my bad, I made a typo. The command is: ps -eaf | grep gwpoa

    Cheers,
  • laurabuckley;2479926 wrote:
    Hi Jerome,

    Sorry my bad, I made a typo. The command is: ps -eaf | grep gwpoa

    Cheers,


    Thank you Laura for that.

    I did start an SR and Rob van Kooten fixed things once I did a database rebuild of the PO. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the GMS and have that working again as well.

    But... I will be asking another question in one of these forums...

    Cheers
  • In article <zexec4.8ghptb@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Zexec4 wrote:
    > But... I will be asking another question in one of these forums...


    That is what we are here for, so we can all learn from each other.
    Thank you for reporting back.


    Andy of
    http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
    Knowledge Partner
    http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
    If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
    show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!