GW Mobility Service Dashboard is blank

In August (2015) we updated our GW Mobility Service up to version 2.1.0 Build 230. Prior to updates in August I was able to view valuable information in the dashboard; unfortunately, now there is no data appearing. What needs to be done to view the valuable information within the dashboard? I used the dashboard information to evaluate performance and troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  • In article <dmantz.72ynmn@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Dmantz wrote:
    > In August (2015) we updated our GW Mobility Service up to version 2.1.0
    > Build 230. Prior to updates in August I was able to view valuable
    > information in the dashboard; unfortunately, now there is no data
    > appearing. What needs to be done to view the valuable information within
    > the dashboard? I used the dashboard information to evaluate performance
    > and troubleshoot.


    Are you logging in as root? That is what is needed for the widest range
    of options.


    Andy of
    http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
    Knowledge Partner
    http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
    If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
    show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

  • When I have accessed the web interface for Mobility Service using port 8120 I have always used the administrative account we created. I have used root as well and nothing appears on the dashboard. Here is what I am currently viewing on the dashboard regardless of being authenticated as root or my admin account.

  • In article <dmantz.72yqvb@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Dmantz wrote:
    > Here is what I
    > am currently viewing on the dashboard regardless of being authenticated
    > as root or my admin account.


    Wow, all the structure but none of the data. I haven't seen that one
    before.
    There will most certainly be errors showing in one of the logs (likely
    webadmin)
    https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwisemobility2/gwmob2_guide_admi
    n/data/admin_mon_logfiles.html
    But they aren't the easiest to read.

    For an easy start on this, I would install and run dsapp
    https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/cool_tools/dsapp/
    Under "Checks
  • I had this, while talking with tech support it magically started to work again and we never officially got to the root cause.
    We speculated that there was a very good chance there is a corrupted log entry in the database, this log entry will at some point get pruned (auto expire) which happened to be while I had an SR open for it.
    I am unsure if there is a manual way to clean it up.
    I think it was broken for 1 or 2 months for us, it wasn't a big enough problem for me to open an SR initially as the server was still working properly and I had other things to do.

    What caused the initial problem for me was a 'large scale' adding and removal of people to the system. I think we added 15-20 people and then shortly after removed a couple.