Restore mail.

GroupWise 8.02sp3? (I know!)

I have a restore area setup, and accessible. To my client at least. The POA and restore area are on separate Windows boxes. Will this even work? I have the POA pointed at the restore area, but being windows not sure if the authentication will work. I login to the client, and open backup. I get 8201 error, and a dialog box pointing to the share. I click it, it churns and I see the email I would like to restore, but it gives 8201 when I attempt to. Is my only option to move the restore area local to the POA? This presents a number of challenges. Any thoughts?
  • Hi,

First thought is to check your folder naming conventions - do they conform to 8.3 naming?

Second thought - double-check user rights to the restore area - they need full rights to the Windows share.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
  • tbundy427;2347590 wrote:
    GroupWise 8.02sp3? (I know!)

I have a restore area setup, and accessible. To my client at least. The POA and restore area are on separate Windows boxes. Will this even work? I have the POA pointed at the restore area, but being windows not sure if the authentication will work. I login to the client, and open backup. I get 8201 error, and a dialog box pointing to the share. I click it, it churns and I see the email I would like to restore, but it gives 8201 when I attempt to. Is my only option to move the restore area local to the POA? This presents a number of challenges. Any thoughts?

I haven't dealt with a restore area an two separate Windows server before. Basic rule is that (next to the users having access) the POA should be able to access the Restore Area directly (in this case using the UNC path supplied).

So my first thought is; the account that's used to run the GroupWise POA service, does it have full rights to access the given UNC path root and it's subfolders?

Cheers,
    Willem