GW sending emails delayed / TCP write errors at GWIA

Hi all,

today was a bad day.
 
All servers were shut down after a power failure because of the raining weather yesterday.
 
I booted up the servers today again - so far so good.
 
But after a couple of hours i recognized, that Emails from GW were send delayed automatically and also many emails from external user are don't into the inbox.

The delay time is different - one email tooks 40 minutes, another one took 2 hours to be send.

You can't work like that in business, so i have to fix the problem quickly.

I started to check every service of GW try some restarts of the the GW Services and then i found in the GWIA console that are over 40 emails are in the delayed message queue folder and currently i've got 98 TCP/IP errors.
 
There are currently still 10 Emails in queue - after 8 hours!!
 
We use GW18 on OES2018.
 
Logfile of GWIA writes as example for all emails:
 
20:43:53 2B2F MSG 1233569 Analyzing result file: /media/nss/GWIA/dom/wpgate/gwia/result/ref0edb7.013
20:43:53 2B2F MSG 1233569 Detected error on SMTP command
20:43:53 2B2F MSG 1233569  Command:  ***********.com
20:43:53 2B2F MSG 1233569  Response: 421 Too many concurrent SMTP connections; please try again later.
 
MTP Status in the console writes:

Current StatusUnavailableUnavailable
Last Closed  
Last Opened  
Last Closure Reason  

 

Do anybody of the masterminds here have approaches for me?

Cheers,
Tom

 

Tags:

Parents
  • Verified Answer

    This looks like you're using a relay host outbound, and said relayhost doesn't like so many queued messages coming in from your GWIA simultaneously.

     

    Your problem is *NOT* groupwise, but the next hop.

  • &  

    Hey guys,
     
    problem is solved now - we are victims of some botnet attacks,
    which tryed to come into our server trough smtp.

    This was the reason of the many connection requests and because of this the firewall blocked the outgoing mails.

    I blocked the attack ip's and now everthing is working fine again.

    Thanks for support.


    Cheers,
    Tom

Reply
  • &  

    Hey guys,
     
    problem is solved now - we are victims of some botnet attacks,
    which tryed to come into our server trough smtp.

    This was the reason of the many connection requests and because of this the firewall blocked the outgoing mails.

    I blocked the attack ip's and now everthing is working fine again.

    Thanks for support.


    Cheers,
    Tom

Children