Document Access for resource accounts

Hello,
Anyone know if it is possible to create a shared folder in a resource account and import documents into it?
We want to have an admin account which would be used to hold forms, policies, etc. When its created under a user account and the user moves on we have to recreate the shared folders with documents etc. If it was a resource account we could just change ownership.
Thanks,
Tom

Tags:

Parents
  • taphillips;2308527 wrote:
    Hello,
    Anyone know if it is possible to create a shared folder in a resource account and import documents into it?
    We want to have an admin account which would be used to hold forms, policies, etc. When its created under a user account and the user moves on we have to recreate the shared folders with documents etc. If it was a resource account we could just change ownership.
    Thanks,
    Tom


    Hi Tom,

    We have been doing this for ages. Docs, emails, everything dropped in a folder shared from and owned by a resource. Funny enough we called the resource "Folders" ;-)

    GW8.0.3 BTW.

    Mark.
  • Hmm... its seems like we can create documents directly from a resource account, but can't import them... not sure if there is the ability to grant resources rights directly for a library...
  • The individuals still own/create/give rights to documents. The resource can only be used to give a folder structure that everyone can view to organise the documents and other items within them. The Items themselves are still owned by real users. AFAIC there is no way for resources themselves to be the owner or creator of a document.

    Sorry,
    M.
  • Thanks for the reply.
    I suppose we would have to find a way to change ownership of docs when a user moves on...
    Tom

    MarkDissington;2309131 wrote:
    The individuals still own/create/give rights to documents. The resource can only be used to give a folder structure that everyone can view to organise the documents and other items within them. The Items themselves are still owned by real users. AFAIC there is no way for resources themselves to be the owner or creator of a document.

    Sorry,
    M.
  • We have reassigned ownership a number of times. I think it is via ConsoleOne, something along the lines of "assign orphaned documents to new user" (you'll need to have deleted the user's GroupWise account first to make the documents 'orphaned').

    Just found it, Mailbox/Library maintenance on the Owning PO - Analyze/Fix Library Action
    See here: https://www.novell.com/documentation/gw8/gw8_admin/data/a3n5rji.html

    M.
  • taphillips wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply. I suppose we would have to find a way to change
    > ownership of docs when a user moves on...


    That's easy enough to do. Easier if you remember to do it before you delete the
    user account (i.e., you can reassign all documents from user1 to user2). But if
    you forget there is a routine to run to assign all "orphaned" docs to a
    particular account as well.

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
    http://www.caledonia.net/register

    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • Hello Danita,
    So would this be a simple properties change of the "Author"? Or some other attribute from Console One or something.
    Thanks!
    Tom



    dzanre;2310586 wrote:
    taphillips wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply. I suppose we would have to find a way to change
    > ownership of docs when a user moves on...


    That's easy enough to do. Easier if you remember to do it before you delete the
    user account (i.e., you can reassign all documents from user1 to user2). But if
    you forget there is a routine to run to assign all "orphaned" docs to a
    particular account as well.

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
    http://www.caledonia.net/register

    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
Reply
  • Hello Danita,
    So would this be a simple properties change of the "Author"? Or some other attribute from Console One or something.
    Thanks!
    Tom



    dzanre;2310586 wrote:
    taphillips wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply. I suppose we would have to find a way to change
    > ownership of docs when a user moves on...


    That's easy enough to do. Easier if you remember to do it before you delete the
    user account (i.e., you can reassign all documents from user1 to user2). But if
    you forget there is a routine to run to assign all "orphaned" docs to a
    particular account as well.

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
    http://www.caledonia.net/register

    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
Children
  • taphillips wrote:

    > So would this be a simple properties change of the "Author"? Or some other
    > attribute from Console One or something. Thanks!


    If you do it before the owner is deleted, you run a Mass Properties Operation
    and change the Author. If you delete the owner first, you must run a GWCheck
    with an "assign orphaned docs to new owner" (paraphrased).

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
    http://www.caledonia.net/register

    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...