Client receives multiple instances of the same mail

Hi All,

I have a number of issues whereby a user will send someone an email and they will receive that email a number of times. Once it was quite large and brought the system to a halt just queueing up this single message (multiple times). This also varies from 4 to over 12 instances.

At first I thought this was only on webaccess as they were my main complainants, but there have been a few issues now when it is even happening at the windows client level. The clients are all still 2012 but the webaccess is 2014.

Anyone else having this issue?

Rob Collins

Tags:

  • Hi Rob,

    I haven't seen that issue yet and we upgraded from 2012 at the end of May.
    I am seeing where outside non-GroupWise customers that we have been emailing for a long time (over a year) are not receiving emails.
    When I look at the gwia log it shows some foreign characters at the beginning of the sender's email (two or sometimes, 3 extra non-readable characters).
    And, of course, the sender gets an undeliverable message.
    These are all from the new 2014 client, so I have asked one of them to uninstall it and install the 2012 client to see if they still experience the same thing.
    I have had issues with Internet Explorer on Windows XP computers using the GroupWise web access.
    The bottom line is that using another web browser like Firefox or Chrome work "ok" but IE doesn't.

    Are these all internal users that this happens (GW to GW)?
    Can you replicate it sending to the same users?

    Stan
  • Just an update - the user who was having issues with the 2014 client, reloaded 2012 client and the problem went away!
    I'm going to test it with another user to see if they experience the same results.

    Stan
  • Hi Stan,

    The problem is that it is very intermittent and can be from GW to GW or external. When this happens again on a user I will ask them to resend it to see what happens. Thanks for the reply.


    Demaximis;2323743 wrote:
    Hi Rob,

    I haven't seen that issue yet and we upgraded from 2012 at the end of May.
    I am seeing where outside non-GroupWise customers that we have been emailing for a long time (over a year) are not receiving emails.
    When I look at the gwia log it shows some foreign characters at the beginning of the sender's email (two or sometimes, 3 extra non-readable characters).
    And, of course, the sender gets an undeliverable message.
    These are all from the new 2014 client, so I have asked one of them to uninstall it and install the 2012 client to see if they still experience the same thing.
    I have had issues with Internet Explorer on Windows XP computers using the GroupWise web access.
    The bottom line is that using another web browser like Firefox or Chrome work "ok" but IE doesn't.

    Are these all internal users that this happens (GW to GW)?
    Can you replicate it sending to the same users?

    Stan
  • I opened an SR with my issue.
    The problem is consistent with either the 2012 or 2014 client.

    Rob, let us know what you find!
  • Hi,

    same problem here, when a GW 2012 Client sends mails to GW 2014. 1 mail sent 830 mails received. fortunately the attachment was only in one mail. please keep us informed about the sr.

    thx

    Demaximis;2323768 wrote:
    I opened an SR with my issue.
    The problem is consistent with either the 2012 or 2014 client.

    Rob, let us know what you find!
  • I have also opened an SR so will keep you informed, if you can do the same thanks.
  • Been given a later revision 116215 which has been applied. Now I will monitor and let you know if this is sorted.
  • is the new client version working?

    andrewsimpson;2324119 wrote:
    Been given a later revision 116215 which has been applied. Now I will monitor and let you know if this is sorted.
  • I'm interested if the new client version is working, (we are at build 115243).
    Novell opened a bug for the engineers to look at on the problem I had, but I was able to fix it by editing their email address.
    Somehow it got corrupted during the upgrade from 2012 (sp 2) to 2014.

    Thanks, Stan
  • I'm interested if the new client version is working, (we are at build 115243).
    Novell opened a bug for the engineers to look at on the problem I had, but I was able to fix it by editing their email address.
    Somehow it got corrupted during the upgrade from 2012 (sp 2) to 2014.

    Thanks, Stan