I tried to recover a deleted account today, but not working according to docs. I restored a copy of primary domain from before deletion and placed it on server. Went into admin page and went to recover account. It lets me browse to db file and then I can go out and select the account, but once I select it, it does nothing. Never comes back and shows the account to be restored. I tried 3 different browsers and restored a earlier version of the db file, and got same results. Not sure if this is related to this setup or possible bug in admin page. Has anyone run into this issue in 2014? This is GroupWise 2014sp1hp1 on SuSE11sp3.
Thanks for the tid. I am not quite sure though that it is related to my issue. Basically what it is doing for me is when I got into recover deleted account, it allows me to browse out to restore copy of wpdomain.db file. Once I do that, I choose to select the user which it allows me to do so as well, but after choosing user, it does nothing. It should come up and show the account and poa it resides on,etc, but it does nothing but take me back to original screen to choose path. The builds they reference in that tid are older than what I am running as well on this system, so hopefully the fix for that tid related issue was fixed in this revision. I did restart the poa but it still didn't matter.
The exact same thing that you are experiencing was reported in this forum in the past, I just can't find the thread right now. Unfortunately the poster never came back to us to let us know how they solved the problem. I would suggest that if you are in a position to do so, open a Service Request with Novell Technical Support. Unless somebody comes across here with better ideas ;)
I opened on yesterday afternoon, but haven't gotten any feedback yet. We tried it a couple of different way, but no luck. Different browser, copied local to server, local to workstation, no difference. Domain validates fine as well as secondary domain. It acts to me like some type of bug, but not sure. Hopefully I will hear something back from Novell on the first of the week. Wish the other post had a resolution to it. I will post back to this one once I find something out.