GroupWise 2014 R2 Build 14.2.0-122092 issues?

We upgraded from GroupWise 2014 SP2 to R2 on January 2nd.
The server is running on SLES 11 SP4 with 12 GB of memory with only one domain and one post office on the same server.
Since the upgrade at least five times the post office has stopped working (unused) and the dva too (dead), which never happened before.
The services restart and web services (tomcat6) has to be restarted too.
Note: Working on getting High Availability to work right, but that's another worry.

I opened an SR yesterday and they sent me a link for a newer build (203269) along with some updates to the groupwise library files.

I am going to install the newer build tomorrow morning, hoping that this relieves this headache (and calls)!

I just thought if anyone is experiencing the same, they may need the newer build.

New and Improved???

Stan
  • Hi Stan,

    The problem, as you describe, is currently being discussed in this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/495617-GW-2014-R2-gwdva-segfaults-POA-hangs-crashes

    Thank you very much for posting your information about your SR and obtaining a newer build. I'm sure that many folk in the community will benefit from this.

    Cheers,
  • Hi Laura,

    Thanks for the link, it is exactly what I've been seeing.
    I will provide an update later this week to my situation after the early Wednesday morning update.

    Many thanks,

    Stan
  • I installed Build 14.2.0-122420 along with updates to the library files under /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/lib, but, sadly, things are not much better.
    The GroupWise services ran for about 6 hours and then it showed the dva as dead.
    I restarted gwdva (after following TID 7016116) and everything looked OK, but I informed MicroFocus through my SR that we are still having issues.
    The reply was the engineers needed to go through the core file and it might be a couple of days before they get back to me (YIKES!).
    I guess I should have left bad-enough alone, but after I made a change to the route.cfg file and restart gwia, it showed the status as unused!
    Funny though, (is it April 1st?), I was able to open the gwia web interface and mail is moving.
    So, I restarted all of the services (rcgrpwise restart) and NOW all (except gwadminservice) are showing as unused. :(
    People can still access Groupwise - so I guess it's just kidding...
    I updated the SR and awaiting further torture...

    Stan
  • Demaximis;2418108 wrote:
    I installed Build 14.2.0-122420 along with updates to the library files under /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/lib, but, sadly, things are not much better.
    The GroupWise services ran for about 6 hours and then it showed the dva as dead.
    I restarted gwdva (after following TID 7016116) and everything looked OK, but I informed MicroFocus through my SR that we are still having issues.
    The reply was the engineers needed to go through the core file and it might be a couple of days before they get back to me (YIKES!).
    I guess I should have left bad-enough alone, but after I made a change to the route.cfg file and restart gwia, it showed the status as unused!
    Funny though, (is it April 1st?), I was able to open the gwia web interface and mail is moving.
    So, I restarted all of the services (rcgrpwise restart) and NOW all (except gwadminservice) are showing as unused. :(
    People can still access Groupwise - so I guess it's just kidding...
    I updated the SR and awaiting further torture...

    Stan


    When you use the rcgrpwise command and you see unused, that doesn't necessarily mean the agents are not running. From my experience, that's typically an issue with the agent syntax in your gwha.conf file. Check to be sure that syntax/spelling there matches your actual configuration. Along with the Admin console you can also use ps -A | grep commands to see if the agents are actually running.

    Brad
  • Brad, thanks for your input!

    I am now on build 122547 and GroupWise seems stable, (knock on wood)!

    Thanks again,

    Stan
  • Hi Stan -

    That's the build I was going to upgrade to from the GW 2014 SP2 code but I've been hesitant to do so with the poa/dva crashes a lot people seem to be dealing with. How long have you been running this build w/o issue? Are you running the DVA and indexing? Also, did you apply the redist.gz to the lib directory? Thanks for your time.

    Brad
  • Hi Brad,

    I had applied the redist.gz to the previous build, but not this one. I have been running this build since the 10th of February with out any downtime. I have DVA and indexing running and I also have Quarantine enabled.

    Good Luck!

    Stan
  • The dva went into a dead state at 2:50 pm (eastern) and I restarted it. :(
    So, the problem persists, but at least it didn't shutdown the Post Office!
    I sent the log file along with an email to my open SR.

    Stan
  • On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 20:56:02 GMT, Demaximis
    <Demaximis@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

    >
    >The dva went into a dead state at 2:50 pm (eastern) and I restarted it.
    >:(
    >So, the problem persists, but at least it didn't shutdown the Post
    >Office!
    >I sent the log file along with an email to my open SR.
    >
    >Stan


    I think you need at least Build 122667 to solve these problems. That
    is what I am running.
    Ken
  • Ken,

    I have contact support to get it.

    Thanks for information!

    Stan