Issues with DVA on GW 18.1

Posted this in the WebAccess forum, but hasn't gotten any attention. Anyone else having DVA issues after upgrading to 18.1?

bkesting;2491024 wrote:
Recently upgraded GW to 18.1. When I use WebAccess and attempt to view a Word document, I receive the following error:

Unable to view 'filename.docx'

[38445] A failure occurred in the document conversion process. The document cannot be viewed at this time.

Thoughts?
  • Likely related to the new conversion libraries. Do you see (in /var/log/messages) segfaults in kvfilter.so followed by GPFs in kvutil.so? At that point simply restarting gwdva (which would be running at that time) would bring you back to business. For a while. From my experience the issue is not tied to a specific document or document type. I've seen this happening on a simple GWIA accounting text file which could be handled fine just a minute later (after bouncing gwdva).
  • mathiasbraun;2491150 wrote:
    Likely related to the new conversion libraries. Do you see (in /var/log/messages) segfaults in kvfilter.so followed by GPFs in kvutil.so? At that point simply restarting gwdva (which would be running at that time) would bring you back to business. For a while. From my experience the issue is not tied to a specific document or document type. I've seen this happening on a simple GWIA accounting text file which could be handled fine just a minute later (after bouncing gwdva).

I do see the segfaults. So this is a bug?
  • Might also be black magic. But i'd opt for a bug in the new conversion engine (first released build without Stellent / Oracle). You should have a core residing in /, you might want to prepare it and open a call referencing SR#101199422971. The more we are, the higher priority will be.