Folder expand automatically

Hey there,

i've got a Problem with a User which reported that all of his Folders (that he created) expand automatically several times through out the day.
The groupwise Client shortly flashes and after that all Folders and subfolders are expanded.
Any ideas on that phenomenon?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Martin
  • Hi Martin,

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for your question.

Whilst I have never personally encountered such a thing happening I have a few suggestions:

Firstly, if you haven't done so already, upgrade to SP2 of the GroupWise 2014 client.

Get the user to login to GroupWise on a different workstation and observe if they have the same behavior of their GroupWise client. If the problem follows the user it may be worth your while running GWCheck against the user database with the "Reset Client Options" option selected - warning, this will remove any/all customization that the user has done to their GroupWise client. Having said that this often kicks things out of the woodwork.

Thirdly, double-check that this are no viruses/malware lurking on the workstation.

Please let us know how it goes and we will continue to assist you as much as possible.

Cheers,
  • Hi Laura,

thanks for your reply!

I will check all of your suggestions. Is it possible to run the sp2 Client without having upgraded the Server?
    We wanted to wait until rc2 and update in the Holidays between the years.

Martin
  • Hi Martin,

Yes it is possible to run the SP2 client without upgrading the server :)

Cheers,