Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack Update 3

Hello All,

Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack Update 3 has been released in patch
finder (http://download.novell.com/patch/finder/)

http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=s2-irTrXcxU~

Regards
MJ


  • yes that one. Try it


    zorgsaammo;2072539 wrote:
    from the KB 7007241, added the servers own IP to the No Proxy Domains and restarted the server. After this I was able to log onto the webadmin. Weird tho, it was working fine before the update with just localhost, 127.0.0.1 in the config.
  • floort;2072548 wrote:
    yes that one. Try it


    I did and it works ;)
  • floort;2072548 wrote:
    yes that one. Try it


    I did and it works ;)
  • Allright so problem solved. Good job!

    zorgsaammo;2072549 wrote:
    I did and it works ;)
  • My update didn't go so well... I ran the update.sh and it installed fine, restarted the services and users could not connect. Tried restarting server a couple times too.
    Everything looks good that I can see, LDAP auth works on the webpage login, but the sync fails on the device, like it can't connect to the server anymore...
    Any ideas on what I can try next? Thank you.
  • All services look like they are running, postgresql is running, I can login to the datasync website and it shows groupwise and mobility are running... But devices can't connect ?
  • dknudson wrote:

    > All services look like they are running, postgresql is running, I can
    > login to the datasync website and it shows groupwise and mobility are
    > running... But devices can't connect ?


    Any errors in the Mobility connector log?

    --
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms
  • What do your logs show, and check your firewall config on your server too. I have my firewall off on my server as it's behind our Cisco ASA. So check to make sure maybe your firewall is off (maybe it is set to start on boot)???
  • dknudson;2073190 wrote:
    All services look like they are running, postgresql is running, I can login to the datasync website and it shows groupwise and mobility are running... But devices can't connect ?


    You may also want to check/change the ssl settings before it would allow sslv2 but sense the update it will only accept sslv3. I have seen a few phones that did not like this. You can re-enable sslv2 and see if that helps.
  • I've run into the same issue (thread here: http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/data-synchronizer/ds-mobility-pack/431888-290-update-ssl2-any-way-disable-new-feature.html ) - we still haven't found a resolution for the problem, which seems to be affecting original Droids and some iPhones.

    If it helps any, I'll post my Mobility XML content here; the server itself has been restarted but that didn't help either:

    <connector>
    <settings>
    <common>
    <folderSupport>1</folderSupport>
    <log>
    <failures>on</failures>
    <verbose>off</verbose>
    <file>default.pipeline1.mobility.log</file>
    <level>info</level>
    </log>
    <startup>auto</startup>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
    <notifications>
    <notification>
    <connectorID>default.pipeline1.groupwise</connectorID>
    <type>targetSettingsChanged</type>
    </notification>
    </notifications>
    <caching>disabled</caching>
    <type>mobility</type>
    </common>
    <custom>
    <attachmentMaxSize>500</attachmentMaxSize>
    <soapServer/>
    <tasks>0</tasks>
    <galConnector>default.pipeline1.groupwise</galConnector>
    <listenPort>443</listenPort>
    <sslCiphers>DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-CAMELLIA256-SHA:DHE-DSS-CAMELLIA256-SHA:CAMELLIA256-SHA:EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA:DES-CBC3-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-DSS-AES128-SHA:AES128-SHA:DHE-RSA-CAMELLIA128-SHA:DHE-DSS-CAMELLIA128-SHA:CAMELLIA128-SHA:RC4-SHA:RC4-MD5:EDH-RSA-DES-CBC-SHA:EDH-DSS-DES-CBC-SHA:DES-CBC-SHA:EXP-EDH-RSA-DES-CBC-SHA:EXP-EDH-DSS-DES-CBC-SHA:EXP-DES-CBC-SHA:EXP-RC2-CBC-MD5:EXP-RC4-MD5</sslCiphers>
    <AEFrequencyType>1</AEFrequencyType>
    <dbhost>localhost</dbhost>
    <databaseMaintenanceStartHour/>
    <initialSyncEmail>0</initialSyncEmail>
    <dbtype>postgresql</dbtype>
    <databaseMaintenance/>
    <forceOutbox>1</forceOutbox>
    <listenAddress>0.0.0.0</listenAddress>
    <pollRate>20</pollRate>
    <authentication>ldap</authentication>
    <CodewordFrequency>5</CodewordFrequency>
    <ldapPort>636</ldapPort>
    <dbuser>datasync_user</dbuser>
    <PolicyEnable>0</PolicyEnable>
    <profile>0</profile>
    <dbport>5432</dbport>
    <databaseMaintenanceStopHour/>
    <dbpass>dbpasshere</dbpass>
    <sslMethod>3</sslMethod>
    <ssl>1</ssl>
    <sendMailConnector>default.pipeline1.groupwise</sendMailConnector>
    <dhport>5432</dhport>
    <dbname>mobility</dbname>
    <DeviceWipeThreshold>20</DeviceWipeThreshold>
    <blockDevices>0</blockDevices>
    <PasswordComplexity>0</PasswordComplexity>
    <initialSync>1</initialSync>
    <notes>1</notes>
    <ldapSSL>1</ldapSSL>
    <AEFrequencyValue>5</AEFrequencyValue>
    <ldapAddress>ldapserver.millikin.edu</ldapAddress>
    <galUserName>infotech</galUserName>
    <notesAsAllDay>1</notesAsAllDay>
    <MinimumPasswordLength>8</MinimumPasswordLength>
    <PolicyKey>0</PolicyKey>
    </custom>
    </settings>
    </connector>