No password required with eDirectory

We recently upgraded from 2012 to 2014 and love it, but ran into an issue. I work with a woman who got married, and needed her last name changed. I was able to find the "rename" feature to change her username quickly and easily. However the Name, Last Name, etc was all grayed out in the GroupWise Admin console via a browser. Tried updating her account info in C1 since she is also an active users on our Netware server. The only way I could change her name on the email address book was to Disassociate. Now she is required to login to Netware, and then again to GroupWise, and that is annoying. I tried Associating with LDAP but that doesn't seem to have worked.

Any tips out there on how to get it back so that she can login to eDirectory via the Netware Server and not also have to login to GroupWise 14?

Mike

• Yes, that was the first (and 2nd/3rd) thing I tried ;)

>>> Uwe Buckesfeld<u.buckesfeld@web.de> 11/20/2015 9:41 AM >>>

Since I'm lazy: You DID try and remove the association, save, and associate again? :-)

Uwe

--
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
  • Hi Mike,

Apologies for the delayed response - I've been out of my home country for 10 days.

If the last 12 digits match up then the LDAP association is pointing to the correct object and it's not case sensitive as far as I am aware. Perhaps we need to test if there is LDAP synchronization happening between eDir and that particular GroupWise user account. If at all possible try to change an attribute, I typically use Telephone Number, then manually do a synchronise in the GroupWise admin console on that user account and see if the information updates on the GroupWise user information.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

• Thanks for all your help Laura, I ended up opening an SR with Novell as there seemed to be bigger issues with this and there was. I spent a while on a chat (even took a lunch) with Shirisha and she was amazing. I was technically in the wrong queue because it wasn't eDir that was the issue, more GroupWise and the LDAP association. She admitted this was out of her area but still got the job done, and I was grateful. The tree is now accessible since we were able to configure the LDAP settings which allows me to browse the tree and make the association. Tested and working (at least with one user) so I'm on the right path again.

Thank you for your patience and willingness to help a noob.

Mike

>>> laurabuckley<laurabuckley@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 11/30/2015 11:06 AM >>>

Hi Mike,

Apologies for the delayed response - I've been out of my home country
    for 10 days.

If the last 12 digits match up then the LDAP association is pointing to
    the correct object and it's not case sensitive as far as I am aware.
    Perhaps we need to test if there is LDAP synchronization happening
    between eDir and that particular GroupWise user account. If at all
    possible try to change an attribute, I typically use Telephone Number,
    then manually do a synchronise in the GroupWise admin console on that
    user account and see if the information updates on the GroupWise user
    information.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

--
    Laura Buckley
    Technical Consultant
    IT Dynamics, South Africa

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    laurabuckley's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122
    View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=495047
  • Hi Mike

I would like to apologize to you - I assumed, incorrectly so, that your LDAP configuration was intact, which it would appear was not the case. Thus I sent you on a wild goose chase :(

I am glad that you got your issues resolved and thank you very much for reporting back.

Feel free to come back to the forums at any time you have a question. We welcome the interaction with the community at large :)

Cheers,