Update poa database version to 1400

Hi Support team,
After upgrade our system from groupwise 2012 to 2014. The database version of POA is still 12.
How can we upgrade it to 14 ?
As Groupwise 2012, i just run ./gwpoa --show --home xxxx. it will be upgraded.

Thansk
Regards,
Ndhuynh

Tags:

  • On 11.04.2014 11:16, ndhuynh wrote:
    >
    > Hi Support team,
    > After upgrade our system from groupwise 2012 to 2014. The database
    > version of POA is still 12.
    > How can we upgrade it to 14 ?
    > As Groupwise 2012, i just run ./gwpoa --show --home xxxx. it will be
    > upgraded.


    *You* cannot (and never could) upgrade the PO version, regardless of the
    GW Version. The version rather updates itself when all necessary bits
    and pieces are in place.

    That are, for starters, the various .dc schema files in the domain and
    po database directories. They must match the proper version, e.g it need
    to be the files from 2014 in your case.

    Additionally, the Domain and PO must properly communicate in both
    directions. The domain updates itself first (if the dc files are there),
    and only then tells the PO it is okay for it to update, and if the PO
    has the proper .dc files in its database directory, it then does it, and
    informs the domain that it did.

    Other than that, there is totally no manual way to "force" the databases
    to update. That it happened in your case when you ran the POA manually
    as you show above was pure coincidence.

    CU,
    --
    Massimo Rosen
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    No emails please!
    http://www.cfc-it.de
  • ndhuynh wrote:

    > After upgrade our system from groupwise 2012 to 2014. The database version of
    > POA is still 12. How can we upgrade it to 14 ?


    Did you move the system? Does the MTA show the POA "open". Until the PO knows
    it's allowed to upgrade, it will not. Tell us more about what you see
    happening.

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Upgrading to GroupWise 2014? We've got you covered
    http://www.caledonia.net/store

    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...

  • And you really should go thru the gwadmin-console upgrade process for the post office so that a admin port gets configured for the PO.



    --Morris





    >>> DZanre<dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 4/11/2014 8:25 AM >>>



    ndhuynh wrote:


    > After upgrade our system from groupwise 2012 to 2014. The database version of
    > POA is still 12. How can we upgrade it to 14 ?


    Did you move the system? Does the MTA show the POA "open". Until the PO knows
    it's allowed to upgrade, it will not. Tell us more about what you see
    happening.

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Upgrading to GroupWise 2014? We've got you covered
    http://www.caledonia.net/store

    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • I'm afraid of the groupwise 2014 will not works well with the older database version.

    Do you think it is still okie with the 12 version of database
  • I upgrade on my current test system.
    There are some problems after upgrade, but now it's okie expects the version of database

    the MTA show the POA : "open".


    dzanre;2315167 wrote:

    Did you move the system? Does the MTA show the POA "open". Until the PO knows
    it's allowed to upgrade, it will not. Tell us more about what you see
    happening.

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Upgrading to GroupWise 2014? We've got you covered
    http://www.caledonia.net/store

    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • Yes, I did.
    mblackham;2315193 wrote:
    And you really should go thru the gwadmin-console upgrade process for the post office so that a admin port gets configured for the PO.
  • ndhuynh wrote:

    > I'm afraid of the groupwise 2014 will not works well with the older database
    > version.
    >
    > Do you think it is still okie with the 12 version of database


    I'm sorry. I really do not understand what you are asking here. If you are
    asking if the GroupWise 2014 client can be used with older databases, the answer
    is no. However, I'm not sure if that is really your question.

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Upgrading to GroupWise 2014? We've got you covered
    http://www.caledonia.net/store

    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • dzanre;2315721 wrote:


    I'm sorry. I really do not understand what you are asking here. If you are
    asking if the GroupWise 2014 client can be used with older databases, the answer
    is no. However, I'm not sure if that is really your question.


    tks Dzanre
    I means what will happen if my groupwise 2014 POA keep running with the old database (Version 12)
    I focus to the groupwise POA, it's boring if running groupwise 2014 with "version 12 label" beside POA name.

    "If you are
    asking if the GroupWise 2014 client can be used with older databases, the answer
    is no"
    Do you means that the older databases is groupwise 2012 server, not groupwise 2014 with 2012 version database?
    - If groupwise 2012 server, i really test with groupwise 2014 client and it didn't work.
    - If groupwise 2014 with 2012 version database, The groupwise 2014, 2012 and 8 client can works well with it.

    Nice day, Dzanre!
  • ndhuynh wrote:

    > I means what will happen if my groupwise 2014 POA keep running with the old
    > database (Version 12) I focus to the groupwise POA, it's boring if running
    > groupwise 2014 with "version 12 label" beside POA name.


    Well, it can run like that indefinitely. But of course it won't be a GroupWise
    2014 "post office" until it actually upgrades.

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Upgrading to GroupWise 2014? We've got you covered
    http://www.caledonia.net/store

    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • dzanre;2315939 wrote:


    Well, it can run like that indefinitely. But of course it won't be a GroupWise
    2014 "post office" until it actually upgrades.



    What do you mean actually upgrades?
    I don't think I upgraded wrongly. The upgrade step is very simple.