Was trying to upgrade an existing GroupWise 2014 SP2 system to R2 last night. Did all the usual pre check work and all was fine. Ran in the install to install the new code then choose configure to upgrade the database. Click the link for To install or configure a new GroupWise server, the link opens but it never open the page required nor does it give me anything about accepting the cert. I let it set for almost an hour and the page never comes up. I tried to do it manually and also using the gwadmin-ipc to accept it and all it would do is set there like the page is opening but never does. Has anyone seen this issue upgrading to R2? I have done a previous sites upgrade from 2014 SP2 to R2 and didn't have this issue.
I didn't think of that. I was using the firefox install on the local SuSE box running the GW components, and never had this issue before. So when it did it for you, did the page come up all white with the spinning symbol like it was trying to load but was waiting on something?
For what it's worth... I just tried to launch the GroupWise Admin Installation console from the shortcut on my OES server. It just sat there with the little circle and did nothing. I cleared all browser cache, cookies, etc. and relaunched the browser from the shortcut and it went straight in. So, I'm hoping that's all you have to do to solve your challenge.
FYI, it's always a good practice to clear your cache (cookies not included) for an update to GW. Every time we make a UI change in Admin, I have to clear the cache. Get's annoying but that's the way it is :>)
>>> jlewter<firstname.lastname@example.org> 5/4/2016 7:26 AM >>>
Good thought, I can do that without actually running through the
install-configure part, so I will know ahead of time that it will work.
Well I cleared the cache and clicking the link in the configure portion of the upgrade still wouldn't load the necessary page for me. I was able though to just click the icon on the desktop for the install and it worked that way. This happened on each box at this site that had components to upgrade.