GW2014r2 upgrade

Trying to get a machine updated to the r2 client for some testing
within our department.

Have the auto-update configured and it works as I have updated a
different test machine fine.

This machine starts the upgrade, but then partway through the upgrade I
get the error (4 times):

The ordinal 3212 could not be located in the dynamic link library
LIBEAY32.dll.

The install then looks like it finishes.

I get the same error when trying to uninstall the r2 client. If I put
the GW2014 client on this machine, it installs without any errors.

Suggestions?

--
Stevo

Tags:

  • What's the Windows version? If you try to manually install on this machine with the separate GW 2014 R2 client download, does it work (trying to rule out issues with the files on the server).
  • dzanre sounds like they 'said':

    >
    > What's the Windows version? If you try to manually install on this
    > machine with the separate GW 2014 R2 client download, does it work
    > (trying to rule out issues with the files on the server).


    So my response to dzanre's comment is...

    It's win7 64 bit (same OS as the other machine I successfully
    upgraded). I tried a manual install with the download files with the
    same result.

    --
    Stevo
  • Grumble. I'll try to find a Windows guru to help you. You know me, I hide my head in the sand when it comes to Windows desktops.
  • dzanre sounds like they 'said':

    >
    > Grumble. I'll try to find a Windows guru to help you. You know me, I
    > hide my head in the sand when it comes to Windows desktops.


    So my response to dzanre's comment is...

    Yes, I know. <G>

    --
    Stevo
  • Stevo;2413385 wrote:
    It's win7 64 bit (same OS as the other machine I successfully
    upgraded). I tried a manual install with the download files with the
    same result.


    I haven't seen that dll error before. That dll seems to be related to openSSL libraries.

    Is there any specific software installed on the workstation with the issue that might be related to openSSL? With specific software installed I mean prior to the client upgrade attempt and unrelated to the GroupWise client.

    Cheers,
    Willem
  • magic31;2413418 wrote:
    I haven't seen that dll error before. That dll seems to be related to openSSL libraries.

    Is there any specific software installed on the workstation with the issue that might be related to openSSL? With specific software installed I mean prior to the client upgrade attempt and unrelated to the GroupWise client.


    As added thought... A (quick) fix could be to check if the dll is not already in one of the folders that are in the system's search path (which some naughty program's installer might have done), like in \windows\system32.
    If it is, rename the file in there to libeay32.dll.old and retry the GroupWise client install/upgrade.


    Cheers,
    Willem
  • magic31 sounds like they 'said':

    > I haven't seen that dll error before. That dll seems to be related to
    > openSSL libraries.
    >
    > Is there any specific software installed on the workstation with the
    > issue that might be related to openSSL? With specific software
    > installed I mean prior to the client upgrade attempt and unrelated to
    > the GroupWise client.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Willem


    So my response to magic31's comment is...

    Not sure what put that dll there, but if I rename it, install runs like
    a champ.

    --
    Stevo
  • I had the exact same error on my test machine. A search found libeay32.dll in a number of places - but not in the windows system folders. It was in my Antivirus product Autoupdate folder, My GroupWise folder, AND in a folder called C:\GTKRun\2.8\bin. I had a quick look at my search paths and noticed that this folder was listed. I renamed the libeay32.dll file, in this folder only, to libeay.old.dll and the re-install worked OK.

    I suppose that's the problem with test machines... It's hard to know what's lying around on them.

    AH.
  • I had the exact same error on my test machine. A search found libeay32.dll in a number of places - but not in the windows system folders. It was in my Antivirus product Autoupdate folder, My GroupWise folder, AND in a folder called C:\GTKRun\2.8\bin. I had a quick look at my search paths and noticed that this folder was listed. I renamed the libeay32.dll file, in this folder only, to libeay.old.dll and the re-install worked OK.

    I suppose that's the problem with test machines... It's hard to know what's lying around on them.

    AH.