Folder view collapsed

This is a 8.0.3HP5 client on Windows10.
When I start my client, the folder view is always collapsed. I can double click on it to make it expand, which is working fine. But every time I start the client, the folder view is always in a collapsed state.
And even if I leave the client running, after a while (not sure how much time should be spent), the folder view will collapse again.

This is happening on Windows8 PCs as well.

Is this a know bug? Shall I file in an SR?

Tags:

• Hi,

This is a known issue as far as my memory serves me. Just note, however, that the GroupWise 8 client is not supported on these operating systems. This issue was resolved in GroupWise 2014.

Cheers,
  • tcsabina;2413275 wrote:
    This is a 8.0.3HP5 client on Windows10.
    When I start my client, the folder view is always collapsed. I can double click on it to make it expand, which is working fine. But every time I start the client, the folder view is always in a collapsed state.
    And even if I leave the client running, after a while (not sure how much time should be spent), the folder view will collapse again.

This is happening on Windows8 PCs as well.

Is this a know bug? Shall I file in an SR?

Since this is GW8 which have been out of support for a long time you will not get any help from support other than upgrade GW to a supported version, if the problem exists in the newest version of GW then they can help you.

But I'm happy to hear that GW8 runs on W10 ;)

Thomas
  • With GroupWise 8 out of Extended Support since the end of last year I doubt you'll get anything back on this. Windows 10 is certainly not supported for the client and I doubt Windows 8 was either for GW8. If you have current upgrade maintenance then upgrading to 2012/2014/2014R2 is your best bet and then check the behaviour of the new client. But IIRC Windows 10 is still not on the supported client list even for 2014R2

Mark.
  • Thanks for the fast responses!
    Unfortunately the decision to upgrade to GW 20xx is not mine, so I have to live with the current installation, and with this annoying collapse ;).