Contact sync issues after 2.0 upgrade

Hi
I'm having major issues with contacts not sync-ing since upgrading to GMS 2.0 :-
1. We have a mixture of iPhones
  • In article <rjfraser.6d5ijz@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Rjfraser wrote:
    > I'm having major issues with contacts not sync-ing since upgrading to
    > GMS 2.0 :-
    >

    hmm, first step I'd check is to make sure we're not running low on the
    basics, so a "free -m" and a "df -h" to make sure we aren't getting to
    tight on RAM or drive space.
    SLES 11 sp2 or higher? 64-bit?

    Have you recently vacuumed the GMS databases as per TID 7009453?

    Regular Contents
  • Thanks, Andy. I'm running SLES 11 sp2 64-bit.
    free -m: mem
    total: 3834 used: 3430 free: 403 Shared: 0 buffers: 151 cached: 2305

    -/ buffers/cache: used: 973 free: 2860

    swap: total: 4094 used: 149 free: 3945

    df -h: used 6%

    I'll check TID 7009453. I have never vacuumed the database.

    Do you think there is any relevance to the address book name not matching the folder name in GMS? and the inconsistency there? I've also had a couple of authentication issues since changing from LDAP to GroupWise. Do you think I should change back to LDAP? If I put the users into a GroupWise distribution list will I get duplicate entries in the GMS database?

    Thanks, Rod

    Rod
  • In article <rjfraser.6daj40@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Rjfraser wrote:
    > I'll check TID 7009453. I have never vacuumed the database.

    Then time to run through that as it will get some potential problems out
    of the way

    > Do you think there is any relevance to the address book name not
    > matching the folder name in GMS? and the inconsistency there?

    Yes, but it doesn't tell us exactly what is happening. Worth watching and
    trying to dig further to see if it can be seen where exactly this is
    happening.

    > Do you think I should change back to LDAP?

    I don't think flipping that is worth the headaches at this point. Leave
    that until something more concrete surfaces.

    Are there any reoccurring problems in your regular Contents GWchecks? Not
    all problems found are actually fixed and need some additional prodding to
    fully fix and some of those apply very much to addressbook issues.

    Have you tried the export/import trick yet on any user?



    Andy of
    KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
    Knowledge Partner
    http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
    If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
    show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

  • Hi Andy

    Sorry this has taken some time but I've had other fires. My GWChecks look relatively clean. I also tried the renaming the address book and that seems to work but I have a bigger issue. All but one of my users got to GMS via an edirectory group. That group does not appear to work any more. I tried to delete an old user from the edirectory group and it does not remove him from GSM. I removed my account from the edirectory group, add it to the GW distribution group and re-initialize. In GMS it still shows me associated with the edirectory group. New users added to the GW group appear to work fine. But, as the system works right now, I cannot remove any users that came through the edirectory group.

    Thanks,

    Rod
  • In article <rjfraser.6dnj5z@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Rjfraser wrote:
    > Sorry this has taken some time but I've had other fires.

    Ah fires, they do tend to demand our attention. Completely understandable
    as it isn't like I manage to be in here every day.

    > My GWChecks look relatively clean.

    That can sometimes be misleading. The trick is to make sure that none of
    the individual Problems repeat each run. I wrote up the process to check
    for this http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwlogs.htm and like all other PM,
    staying on top can help head off those fires before they happen.

    > I also tried the renaming the address book and
    > that seems to work

    Very good, so the issue of this thread is solved. Thankyou for the
    feedback.

    > But I have a bigger issue. All but one of my users
    > got to GMS via an edirectory group. That group does not appear to work
    > any more. I tried to delete an old user from the edirectory group and
    > it does not remove him from GSM. I removed my account from the
    > edirectory group, add it to the GW distribution group and re-initialize.
    > In GMS it still shows me associated with the edirectory group. New
    > users added to the GW group appear to work fine. But, as the system
    > works right now, I cannot remove any users that came through the
    > edirectory group.

    Ahh, a new issue. Ideally you should have started a new thread. If the
    following doesn't do the trick, please start a new thread on this and
    we'll work it through there making our exploration more findable for
    others.

    I am assuming you are currently in GW Authentication which appears to be
    the direction things are going in.
    Test 1. For a user you want to delete; remove them from the eDir group,
    add them to the GroupWise group, let GMS get used to this for a day
    (vacuum perhaps), then delete them from the GW group. This would be the
    ideal.
    Test2. Almost the same just add to the GW group before removing from the
    eDir group.

    A test I would rather do in Lab first to make sure that the newly added GW
    Group based users don't get removed. Switch GMS back to LDAP mode,
    quickly delete the users you need, then flip back to GW mode.



    Andy of
    KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
    Knowledge Partner
    http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
    If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
    show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!