Appointment changes time by itself

I have an issue where an appointment has changed time (seemingly without intervention).
The persons secretary posted the appointment, it was for 10 AM later it was noticed the appointment was at 1:30 PM.
The appointment was the same on the user, the proxied account, and a mobile device. (All client reflect the same details)
This is on GW 12.0.3
Is there a Log file that I can look into that may show what/why the appointment was modified?
Can a logfile be utilized to capture this kind of change?
This has occurred on two accounts 2 or 3 times in the last few weeks.

Tags:

Parents Reply
  • >>> Andy Konecny<konecnya@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 7/20/2015 11:45 PM >>>
    Andy wrote:

    >Both your examples were 3.5 hours in the future, this makes a time zone issue someone probable. Please
    >confirm if this 3.5 hour shift is the case in all,many,some,or none of the cases.
    >Checking on all devices and servers involved would be in order if the time is consistant with the person
    >(s) involved.


    Andy
    I worked with the CEO and his receptionist they state that some appointments are only an hour shift and some 3 hrs and some 3.5 hrs.
    No real pattern or event they could recognize that might have caused it. Only one account is Proxied into his account. I verified Time zones on both PC's involved and his iPhone. Total they feel it has only been about 8 or 9 appointments, unfortunately they were important ones.
    I keep searching for a thread that may be causing it but have not found one yet.
Children
  • In article <55B5D836.043F.00C6.1@uhhg.org>, David Kamp wrote:
    > No real pattern or event they could recognize that might have caused it. Only one account is Proxied into his

    account. I verified Time zones on both PC's involved and his iPhone. Total they feel it has only been about 8
    or 9 appointments, unfortunately they were important ones.

    Hmm, so this sort of points in two directions of possible root cause

    1) accumulated crud getting in the way
    - Check that regular maintenance is happening on all POs and that the logs aren't showing an issue that isn't
    clearing, http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwlogs.htm
    - Perhaps doing some basic maint on the PCs involved to clear old temp files and such, such as cleaning with
    CCleaner and a disk defragment (unless an SSD drive)
    - run dsapp on your GMS (assuming that is how the iPhone connects)

    2) Security check as those could have been malicious changes.
    - Make sure you running GW in high security mode vs old default of low.
    - Perhaps time for the involved users to change their GW passwords


    Andy of
    http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
    Knowledge Partner
    http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
    If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please show your appreciation by clicking on
    the star below. Thanks!

  • Andy
    Thank you for responding.
    We run a nightly "Structural Check and Fix of User and Message DB's" on each Post Office.
    We also run nightly maintenance on the GMS servers
    The Security Level is set for High, and LDAP Authentication.
    I checked the log files for the time frame that "one" of the appointments was modified and the only login for that account was the user himself, his secretary, and GMS. no others found.
    I have checked for System Cleanup on the secretaries PC and all was very good.
    I cannot get access to the users PC at this time.

    All of these were Very good potential things to look at but does not seem to be the cause.
    Thank you for assisting.



    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>> Andy Konecnykonecnya@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 7/30/2015 12:51 PM >>

    1) accumulated crud getting in the way
    - Check that regular maintenance is happening on all POs and that the logs aren't showing an issue that isn't
    clearing, http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwlogs.htm
    - Perhaps doing some basic maint on the PCs involved to clear old temp files and such, such as cleaning with
    CCleaner and a disk defragment (unless an SSD drive)
    - run dsapp on your GMS (assuming that is how the iPhone connects)

    2) Security check as those could have been malicious changes.
    - Make sure you running GW in high security mode vs old default of low.
    - Perhaps time for the involved users to change their GW passwords


    Andy of
    http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
    Knowledge Partner
    http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
    If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please show your appreciation by clicking on
    the star below. Thanks!