Adobe Acrobat Reader

User is using Acrobat reader 11.0.08 on Windows 10. When she has a pdf open and wants to email it she goes to file/send file. The only options are to use Outlook, which is not setup, or to set up a webmail client using imap. Any suggestions as to how to make GW an option?

Thanks,
Bill

Tags:

• Hi Bill,

In the Windows Control Panel go to Default Programs. Select "set program access and computer defaults". Click on the down-arrow next to Custom [profile]. Scroll down a little on the screen that is displayed and find "Choose a default email program". Select the radio button specifically next to GroupWise. Save the changes. That should do the trick.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
  • I was able to set GW as the default email client. Acrobat reader seems to accept that, but it won't let you type in the to: field to create the email in the pdf. A new email never launches. I'm thinking it may be the version of Acrobat reader (XI) she is using because it seems to work ok using Acrobat reader X on my PC.

>>> laurabuckley<laurabuckley@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 3/15/2017 3:06:AM >>>

Hi Bill,

In the Windows Control Panel go to Default Programs. Select "set
    program access and computer defaults". Click on the down-arrow next to
    Custom [profile]. Scroll down a little on the screen that is displayed
    and find "Choose a default email program". Select the radio button
    specifically next to GroupWise. Save the changes. That should do the
    trick.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

--
    Laura Buckley
    Technical Consultant
  • Hi Bill,

I'm using v15.x.x and it's working fine for me so perhaps an upgrade?

Cheers,