GroupWise 2012 Client not receiving emails but WebAccess is

I have employee who has not been receiving emails in their Windows Client but the emails are in the Webaccess console. The emails show up under UnOpened Items. Once the email is moved from Unopened item to the mailbox the Windows Client can see the email.

The Windows GroupWise Client can send emails out without issue.

What can be causing this?

Sincerely,
Ken

Tags:

  • I'm betting they have messed up their view or search criteria. That items show up in unread mail and disappear after you read them means everything is working properly and the user has managed to change the folder view so that it fails to display the mail. You can check the settings ( right click on the InBox and look at the view settings ) and correct them.

    -- Bob
  • Bob-O-Rama;2264370 wrote:
    I'm betting they have messed up their view or search criteria. That items show up in unread mail and disappear after you read them means everything is working properly and the user has managed to change the folder view so that it fails to display the mail. You can check the settings ( right click on the InBox and look at the view settings ) and correct them.

    -- Bob


    Thanks for the reply. I tried restoring the inbox setting to default views as well as tried it on another station but the email still does not come through.

    Sincerely,
    Ken
  • Ken,

    if you do a search in the windows client, does the mail show up? If so, where?
    Is the Win client in online mode or caching?

    Uwe



    --
    Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
    Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
  • I did a search in the Windows GroupWise client and it does not find anything. The client is Online mode.

    Actually I just noticed in the Webaccess - the new email came in but does not show in the Mailbox. it only shows in the Unopened Items. I dont normally use Webaccess, is this correct?

    Ken
  • My apologies, once you mentioned what folders they showed in, I went into Webaccess and it showed all items in Unopened items were in a Calendar folder. I then looked at Rules and someone setup a rule incorrectly there and once it was disabled emails were showing up again.

    Thanks for all the help,
    Ken
  • On Tue, 21 May 2013 15:06:02 GMT, RLMILLIES
    <RLMILLIES@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

    >
    >My apologies, once you mentioned what folders they showed in, I went
    >into Webaccess and it showed all items in Unopened items were in a
    >Calendar folder. I then looked at Rules and someone setup a rule
    >incorrectly there and once it was disabled emails were showing up
    >again.


    The user strikes again! :-)