Upgrade failed - error in install.sh line 173

Dear,

I will upgrade GW 8.02 HP3 to 2012 but the install.sh script breaks with error in line 173.
Line 173 shows install python2.3.
Anyone an idea what happens?

Thank you and best regards
Martin
  • "Martin Ehlers" wrote:

    > Anyone an idea what happens?


    What version of Linux?

    You can actually do most of the upgrade manually if necessary. What point are
    you at? If you are trying to upgrade agents, just go to the agents folder and
    install the RPMs manually (i.e. rpm -Uvh *.rpm) - you may find that you are told
    that the RPMs already installed, as I find when python fails, it is often AFTER
    doing what you asked it to.

    You should try to load install again after that though and configure the agents.
    Because even though you are upgrading, the new DVA will not load unless you go
    through the config for the POA.

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Upgrading to GroupWise 2012?
    http://www.caledonia.net/gw12upg.html
  • SLES 11 / OES 11

    I have manually install the agents und then copy the new dc files to the DOM and PO directory. Database shows me version 1200 and I can connect to the PO but I dont know if the update process are succesfully.


    >>>

    Von: DZanre<dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com>
    An:novell.support.groupwise.2012.install-setup-admin
    Datum: 20:04 27.01.2012
    Betreff: Re: Upgrade failed - error in install.sh line 173
    "Martin Ehlers" wrote:


    > Anyone an idea what happens?


    What version of Linux?

    You can actually do most of the upgrade manually if necessary. What point are
    you at? If you are trying to upgrade agents, just go to the agents folder and
    install the RPMs manually (i.e. rpm -Uvh *.rpm) - you may find that you are told
    that the RPMs already installed, as I find when python fails, it is often AFTER
    doing what you asked it to.

    You should try to load install again after that though and configure the agents.
    Because even though you are upgrading, the new DVA will not load unless you go
    through the config for the POA.

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Upgrading to GroupWise 2012?
    http://www.caledonia.net/gw12upg.html
  • "Martin Ehlers" wrote:

    > I have manually install the agents und then copy the new dc files to the DOM
    > and PO directory. Database shows me version 1200 and I can connect to the PO
    > but I dont know if the update process are succesfully.


    If you can log in with a 2012 client, then you are updated!

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Upgrading to GroupWise 2012?
    http://www.caledonia.net/gw12upg.html
  • Yes I can!
    Thnak you for support

    Best regards
    Martin



    >>> DZanre<dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 00:01 28.01.2012 >>>

    "Martin Ehlers" wrote:


    > I have manually install the agents und then copy the new dc files to the DOM
    > and PO directory. Database shows me version 1200 and I can connect to the PO
    > but I dont know if the update process are succesfully.


    If you can log in with a 2012 client, then you are updated!

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Upgrading to GroupWise 2012?
    http://www.caledonia.net/gw12upg.html
  • I had the same issue at a customer yesterday, installes 32 bit Python, compat and I was sorted.
  • Dear Nicky
    please send me a little more info to the compat rpm (i use sles11sp1 with oes11 installed).
    The compat rpm which we had in sles10sp4 i can not found them all there. only three equal i found.
    The Python 32 bit and the compat three rpm helped, i must restart the VM Xen Server now only before i begin another Task.
  • Hi ;
    I went into YAST, Software, Software Management and added:
    compat-dapl
    compat-dapl-32bit
    compat-libldap-2_3-0

    python-32bit
    python-base-32bit

    There may be to many here but it worked :).
    Bill

    hkwidzinski;2178971 wrote:
    Dear Nicky
    please send me a little more info to the compat rpm (i use sles11sp1 with oes11 installed).
    The compat rpm which we had in sles10sp4 i can not found them all there. only three equal i found.
    The Python 32 bit and the compat three rpm helped, i must restart the VM Xen Server now only before i begin another Task.
  • Thanks a lot for this post. After 4 hours trying to update i saw it and work like a charme.


    bcomegys;2235007 wrote:
    Hi ;
    I went into YAST, Software, Software Management and added:
    compat-dapl
    compat-dapl-32bit
    compat-libldap-2_3-0

    python-32bit
    python-base-32bit

    There may be to many here but it worked :).
    Bill