Requirements for GroupWise Coexistence Solution for Exchange

The documentation for "GroupWise Coexistence Solution for Exchange" states that it is compatible with Exchange 2010, but no mention of Exchange 2013. I know that this would not be a supported configuration, but has anyone successfully gotten the "GroupWise Coexistence Solution for Exchange" to work with Exchange 2013? If yes, any limitations (web feature doesn't work etc...)?

The documentation also states that the GW 2012 SP2 client is required to use the busy search feature. Wondering if anyone has tried the busy search functionality with the GW 8.0.3 SP1 client?

Here is what I would like to do:

- Have existing GroupWise 8.0.2 sp2 system
- Update Primary domain to GW 2012 sp2, and add GW 2012 sp 2 secondary domain
- Install configure "GroupWise Coexistence Solution for Exchange" on the GW 2012 sp2 secondary domain along with a Exchange 2013 system
- Continue to use existing version of GroupWise client (8.0.3 hp1)

I could set this up in a lab, but I would like to save myself the trouble if someone knows for sure that this won't work.

Thanks in advance
Parents
  • PdeYturralde wrote:

    > The documentation also states that the GW 2012 SP2 client is required
    > to use the busy search feature. Wondering if anyone has tried the busy
    > search functionality with the GW 8.0.3 SP1 client?


    The problem with trying to use the GW8 client is that it doesn't
    support the Internet free/busy field for contacts. That's a big
    difference between the GW8 and GW2012 client and is why the 2012 client
    is needed to busy search Exchange contacts when using the coexistence
    solution.

    --
    Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
    We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/
  • So, one question is not answered.
    Will GroupWise Coexistence work with Exchange 2013 (and later) or only with Exchange 2010?
  • itverwaltung wrote:

    >
    > So, one question is not answered.
    > Will GroupWise Coexistence work with Exchange 2013 (and later) or only
    > with Exchange 2010?


    It may work with Exchange 2013 but that's not currently supported.
    Only Exchange 2010 is currently officially supported.

    --
    Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
    We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/
  • Quote:
    It may work with Exchange 2013 but that's not currently supported.
    Only Exchange 2010 is currently officially supported.


    So we tried.
    GW -> Exchange no Problem, every contact is visible (goes over LDAP into AD so it should work with any Version of Exchg).
    Groupwise -> Coexistence Solution had set an external domain, but not more. If I look into logfile I'm seeing:
    "F401 Error adding external Post Office Exchange: 0000DB60"

    So external Domain is added but underlying PO is not.
    This Error Code isn't included (stops at Code 22) at documentation and I think hasn't anything to do with Exchange2013!?
    How can I fix it?
  • In article <itverwaltung.6aerxb@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Itverwaltung
    wrote:
    > So external Domain is added but underlying PO is not.
    > This Error Code isn't included (stops at Code 22) at documentation and
    > I think hasn't anything to do with Exchange2013!?
    > How can I fix it?
    >

    How about some more details of your situation:
    - GW version/build and what platform they are running on.
    - Exchange version, you are just hinting at it, please state it for the
    record.
    - Have you run any maintenance on the GW system? I have found that any
    system bridging or migration goes a whole lot better if the systems in
    question are verified to be healthy. Just running through a full
    maintenance routine on the GW system may resolve things for you.
    http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=3347260


    Andy of
    KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
    Knowledge Partner
    http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
    If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
    show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

  • konecnya;2309773 wrote:
    In article <itverwaltung.6aerxb@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Itverwaltung
    wrote:
    > So external Domain is added but underlying PO is not.
    > This Error Code isn't included (stops at Code 22) at documentation and
    > I think hasn't anything to do with Exchange2013!?
    > How can I fix it?
    >

    How about some more details of your situation:
    - GW version/build and what platform they are running on.

    GW2012 SP2 Linux/OES, 3 PO's, 2 Webacc, 1 GWIA (at which I configured Exchange-Coex Services)

    - Exchange version, you are just hinting at it, please state it for the
    record.

    2013

    - Have you run any maintenance on the GW system? I have found that any
    system bridging or migration goes a whole lot better if the systems in
    question are verified to be healthy. Just running through a full
    maintenance routine on the GW system may resolve things for you.
    http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=3347260

    We have some Checks running daily.
    Domain Database is fine, no errors, no problems so far.
Reply
  • konecnya;2309773 wrote:
    In article <itverwaltung.6aerxb@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Itverwaltung
    wrote:
    > So external Domain is added but underlying PO is not.
    > This Error Code isn't included (stops at Code 22) at documentation and
    > I think hasn't anything to do with Exchange2013!?
    > How can I fix it?
    >

    How about some more details of your situation:
    - GW version/build and what platform they are running on.

    GW2012 SP2 Linux/OES, 3 PO's, 2 Webacc, 1 GWIA (at which I configured Exchange-Coex Services)

    - Exchange version, you are just hinting at it, please state it for the
    record.

    2013

    - Have you run any maintenance on the GW system? I have found that any
    system bridging or migration goes a whole lot better if the systems in
    question are verified to be healthy. Just running through a full
    maintenance routine on the GW system may resolve things for you.
    http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=3347260

    We have some Checks running daily.
    Domain Database is fine, no errors, no problems so far.
Children
No Data