Tracking emails within the Post office

I hope this is the right forum for this, but I am trying to track some emails that were supposedly sent to another employee but they never got them. The office manager received a couple of emails from an outside client and supposedly sent them to another employee as few weeks back. However the office manager has nothing in her sent items folder / her trash folder or her archive for those emails. She does have the original copy received from the outside source. The other employee has checked all folders as well and nothing.

Is there a way to track from the original message received?

Ken

Tags:

• Hi Ken,

Do you have message tracking enabled on your GroupWise system? If so just open up the properties of the mail and grab the message ID and use that.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
  • laurabuckley;2285244 wrote:
    Hi Ken,

Do you have message tracking enabled on your GroupWise system? If so just open up the properties of the mail and grab the message ID and use that.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

I have the message tracking setup on the MTA, but it only appears to be logging information to the GWIA. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Sincerely,
    Ken
  • RLMILLIES wrote:

> Is there a way to track from the original message received?

Not if the two users are on the same Post Office. Message Tracking has to go
    through an MTA to see results.

--
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Do you have Willem Bagchus' GW 2012 Admin Guide?
    http://www.facebook.com/caledonia.net
  • RLMILLIES;2285106 wrote:
    She does have the original copy received from the outside source. The other employee has checked all folders as well and nothing.

When you forward or reply to a message, the little ==> and <== decorations appear on the message's icon in the message list. ;-)

We typically have our POA and GWIA logs set for verbose ( or whatever the next level above "normal" is ) and you can see message delivery events at the POA level and tie that back. Also enable retention of the agent logs for as long as you might need and set / or remove the size limits so logs don't disappear. This will provide corroboration to message logs in the MTA. So look in any of those places ( /var/log/no*/gr*/agent_name )

-- Bob
  • Thanks for all of the information, it wasn't till after I had her forward me the emails to see the ID# that I remembered about the ==><==. Then it was too late.

I will however set the log files to the next level above normal as well just for a little piece of mind.

Thanks again to all,
    Sincerely,
    Ken
  • Hi Ken,

I realize that this might be a bit of overkill, but you may want to have a chat to the folk over at GWAVA about their REDLine product. They claim it can do e-mail tracking, but I'm not sure if that's internal to a post office in addition to what the MTA can do.

Just some additional information!

Cheers,