Oldest text in email always at top

In GW 8 is there a way to keep the oldest text in emails going back and forth at the top and the newest at the bottom. I have tried using the type my reply setting set to bottom. But the next reply from the recipient goes to the top. This puts is all out of order. My CFO would like oldest at top to newest at the bottom.

Tags:

• "billp@pubpress.com" wrote:

> In GW 8 is there a way to keep the oldest text in emails going back and forth
    > at the top and the newest at the bottom. I have tried using the type my reply
    > setting set to bottom. But the next reply from the recipient goes to the top.
    > This puts is all out of order. My CFO would like oldest at top to newest at
    > the bottom.

To my knowledge, this is not available in GW8 unless you are using "Internet
    Reply" settings (i.e., >>>) - that said it's been a long time since I used GW8,
    and perhaps someone with more recent knowledge will jump in!

--
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
    http://www.caledonia.net/register

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • I tried your suggestion, but it doesn't work the way the user wants it if both sender and recipient don't have the same settings. But I thought of looking at the discussion threads. It seems to work exactly that way. The newest email in the thread has all the emails in it in reverse order. Oldest at the top to newest.

Thanks,
    Bill

>>> DZanre<dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 2/9/2015 7:52:PM >>>

"billp@pubpress.com" wrote:

> the bottom.

--
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner

• Ignore me. I don't know why I was looking at it all wrong.

>>> billp@pubpress.com<billp@pubpress.com> 2/11/2015 1:31:PM >>>

I tried your suggestion, but it doesn't work the way the user wants it if both sender and recipient don't have the same settings. But I thought of looking at the discussion threads. It seems to work exactly that way. The newest email in the thread has all the emails in it in reverse order. Oldest at the top to newest.

Thanks,
    Bill

>>> DZanre<dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 2/9/2015 7:52:PM >>>

"billp@pubpress.com" wrote:

> the bottom.

--
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner

• "billp@pubpress.com" wrote:

> Ignore me.

Never!! Hope you got it sorted out to your satisfaction.

--
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner