Notifications

I set up my GMS to send notifications, and I have not seen any so far,
and we've had quite a few alerts show up, misc ones for 'lots of syncs'
from Groupwise, etc etc.

Are those that get sent out via email? If they are, what's causing
them to not show up? I have my gwia address on port 25 set as the SMTP
address, and there is no authentication required.

--
Stevo
  • "Stevo" wrote:

    > Are those that get sent out via email? If they are, what's causing them to
    > not show up? I have my gwia address on port 25 set as the SMTP address, and
    > there is no authentication required.


    You know, since you aren't getting phone messages, and no alerts, I'm wondering
    if something in the database isn't right. It's almost like you don't have all
    of the GMS 2.0 functionality.

    But - let's try this. Add the authentication just for grins and see if that
    changes anything - what email address are you sending to?

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    GroupWise Mobility Service 2.0 Guide - http://bit.ly/1cv13RE


    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • DZanre sounds like they 'said':

    > You know, since you aren't getting phone messages, and no alerts, I'm
    > wondering if something in the database isn't right. It's almost like
    > you don't have all of the GMS 2.0 functionality.
    >
    > But - let's try this. Add the authentication just for grins and see
    > if that changes anything - what email address are you sending to?


    So my response to DZanre's comment is...

    I am getting phone messages now. Changed the provisioning to
    Groupwise, everyone got removed and then added back in, phone messages
    are showing up now.

    I could not set up notifications w/o adding a username to the SMTP
    authentication, but did not add a password. I set it to send to a GW
    d.l. that contains our network staff and my boss.

    --
    Stevo
  • "Stevo" wrote:

    > I could not set up notifications w/o adding a username to the SMTP
    > authentication, but did not add a password. I set it to send to a GW d.l.
    > that contains our network staff and my boss.


    Well, I think that would totally fail then. If you have to put in a userid, it
    has to be a "user" not a DL. DLs can't log in. I would put a user/password
    combo in there.

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    GroupWise Mobility Service 2.0 Guide - http://bit.ly/1cv13RE


    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • DZanre sounds like they 'said':

    > Well, I think that would totally fail then. If you have to put in a
    > userid, it has to be a "user" not a DL. DLs can't log in. I would
    > put a user/password combo in there.


    So my response to DZanre's comment is...

    No, it's a generic userid for the user, no password, the address I'm
    sending to is a DL.

    --
    Stevo
  • "Stevo" wrote:

    > No, it's a generic userid for the user, no password, the address I'm sending
    > to is a DL.


    Oh - I misunderstood. I still think if you have a user in there a password is
    necessary (the "optional" note notwithstanding).

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    GroupWise Mobility Service 2.0 Guide - http://bit.ly/1cv13RE


    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • DZanre sounds like they 'said':

    > Oh - I misunderstood. I still think if you have a user in there a
    > password is necessary (the "optional" note notwithstanding).


    So my response to DZanre's comment is...

    Ok, so I changed the user to an actual 'generic' user on my GW system,
    stuck a password in, an alert came up and I still did not see an email
    on it.

    --
    Stevo
  • "Stevo" wrote:

    > Ok, so I changed the user to an actual 'generic' user on my GW system, stuck a
    > password in, an alert came up and I still did not see an email on it.


    Do you see a connection attempt at the GWIA?

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    GroupWise Mobility Service 2.0 Guide - http://bit.ly/1cv13RE


    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • DZanre sounds like they 'said':

    > Do you see a connection attempt at the GWIA?


    So my response to DZanre's comment is...

    I have had two alerts today and nothing in today's GWIA log from the
    address of my GMS server.

    --
    Stevo
  • "Stevo" wrote:

    > So my response to DZanre's comment is...
    >
    > I have had two alerts today and nothing in today's GWIA log from the address
    > of my GMS server.


    That would seem to indicate that it's not trying for certain. So, from the
    Mobility server, can you actually telnet to port 25 of your GWIA server?

    --
    Danita
    Novell Knowledge Partner
    GroupWise Mobility Service 2.0 Guide - http://bit.ly/1cv13RE


    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    show your appreciation and click on the star below...
  • DZanre sounds like they 'said':

    > That would seem to indicate that it's not trying for certain. So,
    > from the Mobility server, can you actually telnet to port 25 of your
    > GWIA server?


    So my response to DZanre's comment is...

    Yes I can. I tried that before even posting this message.

    --
    Stevo