Unread Message Folder

Hi There!

Dumb Question. In Webaccess there is an unread messages folder, but in
GroupWise Client I can't seem to get the same thing to show. Any ideas?

Tags:

  • Andre Southgate wrote:

    > Dumb Question. In Webaccess there is an unread messages folder, but in
    > GroupWise Client I can't seem to get the same thing to show. Any
    > ideas?


    Tools->Find->Advanced Find

    Do something like item status does not include read. You could play
    with the criteria to fine tune this. Then, when you get the kind of
    results you like, save the results as a folder and you'll now have an
    unread messages folder.

    --
    Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
    BrainShare 2014 is coming. http://www.novell.com/brainshare/
  • On Thu, 29 May 2014 23:28:01 GMT, "Joseph Marton"
    <jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

    >Andre Southgate wrote:
    >
    >> Dumb Question. In Webaccess there is an unread messages folder, but in
    >> GroupWise Client I can't seem to get the same thing to show. Any
    >> ideas?

    >
    >Tools->Find->Advanced Find
    >
    >Do something like item status does not include read. You could play
    >with the criteria to fine tune this. Then, when you get the kind of
    >results you like, save the results as a folder and you'll now have an
    >unread messages folder.


    PMJI, this caught my eye since I have had users request it also. I
    just tried it out, but I don't seem to find a way in Advanced Find to
    tell the search to ignore unread items in the Trash. Am I missing
    something?

    Ken
  • In article <uarho9lpkucep5cisq8mgjrkb3aea18rkl@4ax.com>, KeN Etter
    wrote:
    > PMJI, this caught my eye since I have had users request it also. I
    > just tried it out, but I don't seem to find a way in Advanced Find to
    > tell the search to ignore unread items in the Trash. Am I missing
    > something?
    >

    Place != Trash
    Item Status != Read

    does the trick for me


    Andy of
    KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
    Knowledge Partner
    http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
    If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
    show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

  • On Sat, 31 May 2014 04:12:26 GMT, Andy Konecny
    <konecnya@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

    >In article <uarho9lpkucep5cisq8mgjrkb3aea18rkl@4ax.com>, KeN Etter
    >wrote:
    >> PMJI, this caught my eye since I have had users request it also. I
    >> just tried it out, but I don't seem to find a way in Advanced Find to
    >> tell the search to ignore unread items in the Trash. Am I missing
    >> something?
    >>

    >Place != Trash
    >Item Status != Read
    >
    >does the trick for me


    Andy,

    2014 server
    2012 SP1 client

    Your suggested settings still list everything unread in trash.

    Ken
  • In article <g2too95ccnkk02ki8etrm7ipds46lk5p61@4ax.com>, KeN Etter
    wrote:
    > Your suggested settings still list everything unread in trash.
    >

    Was that in the same order of not trash first?

    It works for me just fine on my caching mailbox on GW2012, build 114668
    on XP against 2012.2 on OES11. Also in On-line mode with 2012.2 build
    108211 of the client on Windows Server 2008r2 against 2012.2
    I don't have a 2014 backend to test against at the moment. Does this
    happen with the 2014 client as well?

    Is the Trash bin selectable when defining where to Find messages?
    Has the Trash bin been renamed?
    Perhaps time for a GWCheck with the resfldr flag on that user.
    If it still happens after that, I'd be opening an SR


    Andy of
    KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
    Knowledge Partner
    http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
    If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
    show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

  • On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 01:14:36 GMT, Andy Konecny
    <konecnya@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

    >In article <g2too95ccnkk02ki8etrm7ipds46lk5p61@4ax.com>, KeN Etter
    >wrote:
    >> Your suggested settings still list everything unread in trash.
    >>

    >Was that in the same order of not trash first?


    Order doesn't matter - I tried it both ways.

    >It works for me just fine on my caching mailbox on GW2012, build 114668
    >on XP against 2012.2 on OES11. Also in On-line mode with 2012.2 build
    >108211 of the client on Windows Server 2008r2 against 2012.2
    >I don't have a 2014 backend to test against at the moment. Does this
    >happen with the 2014 client as well?


    Client 12.0.1 Build 103731 on Win 7 64 bit online mode. Server is
    2014. I haven't had a chance to install 2014 client yet.

    >Is the Trash bin selectable when defining where to Find messages?


    No. Should it be?

    >Has the Trash bin been renamed?


    No.

    >Perhaps time for a GWCheck with the resfldr flag on that user.
    >If it still happens after that, I'd be opening an SR


    I'll check into that.

    Ken
  • KeN Etter wrote:

    > > Is the Trash bin selectable when defining where to Find messages?

    >
    > No. Should it be?


    It won't be with 2012. That feature was added to 2014.

    --
    Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
    BrainShare 2014 is coming. http://www.novell.com/brainshare/
  • On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 19:05:51 GMT, "Joseph Marton"
    <jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

    >KeN Etter wrote:
    >
    >> > Is the Trash bin selectable when defining where to Find messages?

    >>
    >> No. Should it be?

    >
    >It won't be with 2012. That feature was added to 2014.


    Ok...I need to get the 2014 client installed soon.