Rest API - Group membership changes not being returned by filter

Hello,

I am using a filter against a rest call I am making to a group as in

.../list/group?filter=timeLastMod gt '1611757952000'

I was expecting for the group whose members have been modified to be returned but it does not.

I also tried

.../list/user?filter=timeLastMod gt '1611757952000'

but no modification to either the Group or User is being returned when you add or remove membership!

Any feedback is appreciated.

Tags:

• The filter you are creating will filter the Group object itself and not the membership records. To filter on Group Memberships do something like this:

.../list/GROUP_MEMBER?filter=timeLastMod gt '2021-01-01T01:00:00'

You can also specify the time as you did. This will return all Group Membership records modified since January 1, 2021.

• I tried that, and does provide (sanple node)...

<object xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="member">
    <domainName>MyDomain</domainName>
    <id>USER.MyDomain.MyPO1.AutoUser0</id>
    <name>AutoUser0</name>
    <postOfficeName>MyPO1</postOfficeName>
    <timeLastMod>1610519823000</timeLastMod>
    <participation>PRIMARY</participation>
    <diagnosticId>120.185669</diagnosticId>
    <givenName>AutoUserFirstname0</givenName>
    <lastModifiedOp>ADD</lastModifiedOp>
    <surname>AutoUserSurname0</surname>
    <type>USER</type>
    </object>

As you can see it provides the user information but there is no way to know what group was added to the user?

• The list CSV endpoint can be used to specify an attribute list which would include the Group and member information. It will return the information in a CSV format. It would look like this:

/list/GROUP_MEMBER.csv?attrs=domainName,postOfficeName,name,memberDomainName,memberPostOfficeName,memberName&filter=timeLastMod gt '2021-01-01T01:00:00'"

This returns an output like this:

domainName,postOfficeName,name,memberDomainName,memberPostOfficeName,memberName
    Dom1,po1-1,Group1,Dom1,po1-1,001User
    Dom1,po1-1,Group1,Dom1,po1-1,002User

• Wow, this will be a problem dealing with multiple formats (CVS)

Is there an enhancement to be able to add the group attribute in a rest document.

• I can't find any existing enhancement requests for this. I can log one so it can be considered for a future release.

I am not sure if this will help but the diagnostics endpoint could be used to provide a complete dump of a Group Membership record. Each membership has a "diagnosticId" attribute:

<diagnosticId>120.185669</diagnosticId>

which can be used on the endpoint .../gwadmin-service/diagnostics/object/<diagnosticId> to get a full dump of each membership. In the diagnostic dump the following attributes contain Group information:
    50035 - Group Domain name
    50062 - Group Post Office name
    50073 - Group name
    and the following attributes contain information about the member:
    50039 - Member Domain name
    50040 - Member Post Office name
    50051 - Member name

Hopefully that will be of some help
  • Yes please.

Please add an enhancement request. Thank you for your assistance.

• This request has been added to the list of updates to be made for the upcoming 18.3.1 release. I do not have a release date but this change should be included.

• Thank you for the update Dave, much appreciated.