After upgrading to the SLES version of SMG, I found that the opendkim service was not working. I have traced it back to the last entry in the opendkim.conf file which read SOCKET="inet:4932". This was correct on the Ubunto system, but on the sles system should be something like Socket inet:4932 or Socket inet:4932@localhost. The existing entry generates a configuration error on starting the service.
I have tried both options, which now start the opendkim service, but this service does not start on a boot and needs to be started manually, and it also does not put the cert into the outgoing email.
I have opened a service request with Micro Focus, and will report back on the outcome.