Idea ID: 2863155

Add ability to set a tag or warning on external mail

Ability to add a subject tag or an in-body text warning to in effort to make it obvious to the recipient the message originated from outside the organization.

Examples I've seen are [EXTERNAL] in the subject or a warning inserted in the top of the body/message. 

Our insurance carrier had this as a rating question for Cyber Security coverage. 

Labels:

Other
Administration
Parents
  •  I think we are getting a bit beyond your original posted "idea", but I will try to respond.

1. I'm not sure about your comment with tag service and tracking replies.  Probably best to start a new post in the SMG forum to ask about that.

2. Yes, SMG documentation is poor.  We all wish MicroFocus would give it some attention.

adding a header item to leverage GW rule

3. Not sure what this has to do with your original posted idea.  As I mentioned above, you can use SMG's Message Tag service to rewrite the subject line on incoming emails.  That seems to me to solve this idea request.  No GroupWise rule is required, SMG does the work.

I can't admiratively define a rule across the org

4. Now I assume you are talking about creating a rule in GroupWise.  To modify rules for everyone, you need a separate product (although that product is included in the Enterprise Messaging suite).  But none of that is necessary if you just want to use SMG to modify the subject line.  So I am not sure where you are going with this and I'm not sure how it applies to your original idea request.

Comment
  •  I think we are getting a bit beyond your original posted "idea", but I will try to respond.

1. I'm not sure about your comment with tag service and tracking replies.  Probably best to start a new post in the SMG forum to ask about that.

2. Yes, SMG documentation is poor.  We all wish MicroFocus would give it some attention.

adding a header item to leverage GW rule

3. Not sure what this has to do with your original posted idea.  As I mentioned above, you can use SMG's Message Tag service to rewrite the subject line on incoming emails.  That seems to me to solve this idea request.  No GroupWise rule is required, SMG does the work.

I can't admiratively define a rule across the org

4. Now I assume you are talking about creating a rule in GroupWise.  To modify rules for everyone, you need a separate product (although that product is included in the Enterprise Messaging suite).  But none of that is necessary if you just want to use SMG to modify the subject line.  So I am not sure where you are going with this and I'm not sure how it applies to your original idea request.

Children
No Data