Idea ID: 2860143

Option to return to recent version

There is a lot of discussion now that a new build brought in features which are not easy to handle. Because of lack of documentation or clear functionality.

Therefore that is the right moment to consider a roll back option. Maybe as simple as in Windows (sometimes simple) or manually like in Vibe. It's so easy to click on update but sometimes hard to live with its outcome.

Labels:

Administration
Parents
  • I understand  reasoning for this request.  Although I do take a snapshot before updating.  That is just standard practice so I can fall back if things really go haywire.  I think if we had decent documentation that actually explained what all the settings in SMG did, there would be less need for a built-in roll back feature.  Good documentation would enable administrators to make better decisions about upgrading.

Comment
  • I understand  reasoning for this request.  Although I do take a snapshot before updating.  That is just standard practice so I can fall back if things really go haywire.  I think if we had decent documentation that actually explained what all the settings in SMG did, there would be less need for a built-in roll back feature.  Good documentation would enable administrators to make better decisions about upgrading.

Children
No Data