Should the subject line be compulsory in GroupWise?

0 Likes
Q: BS wrote: How do I setup so that if I forget to give a subject for the mail, I get a prompt and the mail is not sent even if I click the send button. In other words how do I make the subject field compulsory.

A. There are no configuration settings to make the Subject line be compulsory. You can submit this as an enhancement by going to http://www.novell.com/rms

It's an interesting request, but we can think of times when someone might really want to send out an email with a blank subject line, and would not like it to be required. Anyone else think this is needed? Post a comment below.

Labels:

How To-Best Practice
Comment List
Anonymous
Parents
  • Aside from not looking professional, a subject line like the one above doesn't give the reader any idea about what's in the email until they open it. I don't like to receive emails that have no subject, but I also can't see making it a mandatory field.

Perhaps a nag or "bad form" message could be superimposed over the subject field until something is typed in?!?
Comment
  • Aside from not looking professional, a subject line like the one above doesn't give the reader any idea about what's in the email until they open it. I don't like to receive emails that have no subject, but I also can't see making it a mandatory field.

Perhaps a nag or "bad form" message could be superimposed over the subject field until something is typed in?!?
Children
No Data