By Bryan Keadle
You need to create a recurring, annual event - such as a birthday or anniversary - in Groupwise.
Here's what you do:
1. Create a new, Posted ReminderNote.
2. Enter a subject. TIP: Standardize on a prefix (e.g., Birthday) for searching/sorting later on.
3. Click the Calendar button next to the Start Date field, and select the Select Recurring link.
4. In the Auto-Date dialog box, click the Formula tab.
5. Enter (Month Day) - e.g., Sep 12 - and the number of occurrences.
6. Click OK.
You should now have an "Auto-Date" field with (Recurring Date) filled in.
7. Select Post to add the annual event.
Once you have your calendar populated with your annual events such as birthday, anniversaries, etc., you may want to see a list of them.
8. Run the Find tool, specify a subject of " Birthday: ", Item type as Note, and specify the date range between January 1st and December 31st for the year.
You will now have a nice list view of the annual birthdays in your calendar.