Custom Templates for GroupWise Email

0 Likes
Q. LL wrote: We are moving to GroupWise 8 later this year and I am wondering if there is a capability to create custom templates? For example, if I want people to be able to send me an email requesting time off, could I have a template that they fill in that automatically has a number of headings such as date range, type of leave, brief description, etc.

A. Not with GroupWise natively. There may be third party utilities out there that can do this however they are usually not free. There might be some solutions out there that our creative readers have come up with. Anyone got a clever idea for this?

Labels:

How To-Best Practice
Comment List
Anonymous
Parents
  • GroupWise is very annoying for templates. If it was for personal use you could create some emails of the right format and send them to yourself. Then save the sent items into a Templates folder and use the Resend option. This works well for personal use and HTML emails. Unfortunately you can't just put a sent item in a shared folder to use as a template since the people you share with can't do a Resend on them.

Even Work-in-Progress doesn't work for templates because once you send a draft the email is removed from the WIP folder.

Saving as a View works for basic emails but removes most of the HTML formatting unfortunately.

Formativ might be your best option.
Comment
  • GroupWise is very annoying for templates. If it was for personal use you could create some emails of the right format and send them to yourself. Then save the sent items into a Templates folder and use the Resend option. This works well for personal use and HTML emails. Unfortunately you can't just put a sent item in a shared folder to use as a template since the people you share with can't do a Resend on them.

Even Work-in-Progress doesn't work for templates because once you send a draft the email is removed from the WIP folder.

Saving as a View works for basic emails but removes most of the HTML formatting unfortunately.

Formativ might be your best option.
Children
No Data