GroupWise Support for Active Directory

0 Likes
Q. CB wrote: When is GroupWise going to to support Active Directory natively, and no longer require eDirectory and Console One to manage?

A. It is on our roadmap for the next version of GroupWise, codenamed “Windermere”. The release date for Windermere is fuzzy right now -- all we know is it will likely release 12 -24 months after the shipping of “Ascot” later this year.

Labels:

How To-Best Practice
Comment List
Anonymous
Parents
  • First, eDirectory is WAY superior to AD so I can't see why there is such a desire for AD support for GroupWise????

The same way that ED is WAY better than AD, Exchange is WAY better than GroupWise, if you want to use AD (why????), you'd have to be pretty odd to then choose GroupWise over Exchange - I mean seriously weird.

We use GroupWise, we recognise it is a pretty BAD product but it fits with OES + ED so we, to this date, tolerate its many failings/weaknesses.

I think the GroupWise team, who are habitually turning out rubbish code these days should do themselves a favour and settle on one platform (for the server that is) - Linux, drop all other server platforms and try much harder to QA the product before releasing to customers. AD support seems like a seriously weird tangent to follow - the product has got much more serious, user-facing problems than that!!!!

Simon (someone who has sadly grown totally sick of looking after GroupWise and wished it would just die soon rather than having a long dragged out death).
Comment
  • First, eDirectory is WAY superior to AD so I can't see why there is such a desire for AD support for GroupWise????

The same way that ED is WAY better than AD, Exchange is WAY better than GroupWise, if you want to use AD (why????), you'd have to be pretty odd to then choose GroupWise over Exchange - I mean seriously weird.

We use GroupWise, we recognise it is a pretty BAD product but it fits with OES + ED so we, to this date, tolerate its many failings/weaknesses.

I think the GroupWise team, who are habitually turning out rubbish code these days should do themselves a favour and settle on one platform (for the server that is) - Linux, drop all other server platforms and try much harder to QA the product before releasing to customers. AD support seems like a seriously weird tangent to follow - the product has got much more serious, user-facing problems than that!!!!

Simon (someone who has sadly grown totally sick of looking after GroupWise and wished it would just die soon rather than having a long dragged out death).
Children
No Data