Iprint 4 appliance external directory

I have an issue adding an external auth directory on Print 4 appliance. All updates installed. The strange part is it appears to work but no external auth servers show up. I have tried both AD and Edir. It accepts the info and appears to work but never shows up in the list. So no external auth. I have searched the system everywhere and can find nothing in any log anywhere. I don't really want to blow it away and start over at this point. Anyone seen this before and have any idea what logs contain the info to figure out why it is doing it? Need an external directory. Don't want to have to put users on the appliance.

Parents
  • When you set up the Directory Services, you have to enter the path information for the domain plus add the user paths.  So we use AD for both users and printer groups.  Under Server Information, we filled out the LDAP Server URL info, User DN, Password, Directory Type: Active Directory and Account Name Attribute is sAMAccountNAME but that part is not where we were able to import users.  The user import didn't come until we did the Users\Groups associations.  On Base DN, we entered the OU information to point where the users reside in AD, and used this filter: (&(!(objectClass=computer))(|(objectClass=Person)(objectClass=orgPerson)(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)))
    You also have to be sure to click "Search Subtree" to capture any users in any subgroups. Because we (admin group) are separate we added that group as well. Since we use AD to house groups for printers (so users can be associated to printers by desktop support), we also added that group.  Hope that helps.

• I have done it exactly what you said. It always finishes as though it worked. Even tried testing with wrong user info, and that errors at it should. I think I am going to have to blow it away and start over. I have a 3.2 version that works fine. No I don't want to migrate it to 4. I built it clean so I know no straggling issues from previous upgrades. 

• that might work well.  I can say I've had more issues since upgrading to v4.0 and the patch didn't help either.  the documentation on upgrading is grossly missing content.  I currently have to launch IE as admin (never had to do this in the old version) and use the IP address instead of DNS name just to get the admin console where I can create printer profiles.  I also a variety of issues with iPrint since migrating up.  I'm currently researching another product altogether because I think my time with the iPrint is nearing the end.

• that might work well.  I can say I've had more issues since upgrading to v4.0 and the patch didn't help either.  the documentation on upgrading is grossly missing content.  I currently have to launch IE as admin (never had to do this in the old version) and use the IP address instead of DNS name just to get the admin console where I can create printer profiles.  I also a variety of issues with iPrint since migrating up.  I'm currently researching another product altogether because I think my time with the iPrint is nearing the end.

Children
No Data