How to migrate for 1.0.1 to 1.1?

I want to upgrade fram iPrintAppiance 1.0.1 to latest 1.1 patch for Win10-support.
I found out its not possible to use export/upgrade since the export.zip contains ip- and certificate-information from the old server.
I want to still run the old server and move printers gradual for the end-users. That meen the new server will have to have a different IP-address.

Is there a migration-tool to can do this so when all printers er moved over to new server, then i can turn off the old server?

RS
  • ronnys;2409138 wrote:
    I want to upgrade fram iPrintAppiance 1.0.1 to latest 1.1 patch for Win10-support.
    I found out its not possible to use export/upgrade since the export.zip contains ip- and certificate-information from the old server.
    I want to still run the old server and move printers gradual for the end-users. That meen the new server will have to have a different IP-address.

Is there a migration-tool to can do this so when all printers er moved over to new server, then i can turn off the old server?

RS

My guess is that the migration tool will also work between appliances but I have only used it between appliance and OES: https://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance1/iprint_appliance/data/b13k5oy0.html#b15nrce9

But in my opinion it would be much easier using the export/upgrade routine, you will only have 15-30 min downtime.

Thomas
  • ronnys;2409138 wrote:

RS

My guess is that the migration tool will also work between appliances but I have only used it between appliance and OES: https://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance1/iprint_appliance/data/b13k5oy0.html#b15nrce9

But in my opinion it would be much easier using the export/upgrade routine, you will only have 15-30 min downtime.

Thomas
  • ronnys;2409138 wrote:

RS

Thomas
  • Now its seems that i f***d up the old server.
    The Printer Manager on the old server had ip-address for the new server :-o
    This i manage til change back to old ip-address.
    The Drive Store in the old server is pointing to the DNS-name for the new server.
    This i can not change og cause Printer Manager to stop. :-o

What now!? :-o

NEW STATUS: Reboot fixed the problem :-) Phuiiii! :-)
  • Really, the export/import process is your best way to get from 1.01 to
    1.1 plus the latest rollup patch. Follow the procedure in the
    documentation, making sure you first have a good backup of the
    appliance, of course, then after doing the import apply the latest
    patch (417/418).

The only hiccup we've seen with the import/export process is that our
    Windows 8 printer profiles don't all get recreated. We've resolved
    that by following option 2 from TID3006957, using a backup copy of the
    padbtxt.xml file.

Best,

DG

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:26:02 GMT, ronnys
    <ronnys@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
    >Now its seems that i f***d up the old server.
    >The Printer Manager on the old server had ip-address for the new server
    >:-o
    >This i manage til change back to old ip-address.
    >The Drive Store in the old server is pointing to the DNS-name for the
    >new server.
    >This i can not change og cause Printer Manager to stop. :-o
    >
    >What now!? :-o
    >
    >NEW STATUS: Reboot fixed the problem :-) Phuiiii! :-)