Storage on SLES 10 sp3 OES sp3 box...

I login to iManager (ANY iManager) and go to Storage, then Pools and select a certian server, and it just hangs there. I have to kill the session in the browser, and start over. If I select another server, its all good. I will probably SP4 the sles 10, and reboot one of these weekends. Othewise the server is running, volumes accessible, no issuses at all. Should I be concerned?
  • What do you mean by "booked" disk space?

You mean you have a disk/LUN of say, 100 GB, and you're using 1 partition of size 50 GB?

Or you have consumed all the disk/LUN, and just want to see what's free in the partition?

Or you want to see what's free in the Pool, or the volume?

device = LUN/disk
    Partition = partition
    Pool = pool
    volume = volume

I believe all the free space information of the above items is available in NSSMU.
    At least, when I select Devices and choose the appropriate item, NSSMU shows me unallocated space on the right-hand side.

Same thing for Partition (it'll show the total space, data area, used space, so you can figure out the "free" space)

Does that help?
  • I login to iManager, go to storage, then pools. Select a server, highlight a pool, and select properties. I then see this below the fancy pie chart:

Total Space: 2 TB
    Used: 1.14 TB
    Booked: 1.35 TB

Hom much pool space is allocated to volumes is according to the wording here, "Booked"
  • I think Booked = Quotas.

At least that's what it shows on mine. We don't set quotas on our pools (we do a one-to-one volume/pool/lun pairing).

I imagine NSSMU would also show quotas (again, don't know since we don't use them)