Novell Client 2 SP3 and the inability to log in the Win7

Novell Client 2 SP 3 for Windows 7 64 bit and the inability to log into the desktop for a "NEW" user

My issue is that If the username exist already in Windows 7, I can log into Novell and the Window 7 desktop will load

HOWEVER if the username doesn't exist and I attempt to log in, I'm able to log into Novell Client

BUT I get prompted with another window titled “Log on to this Computer” with a check box “Change your Windows password to match your Novell Password after success login”.
1) I insert the password and
2) check the box

The Result is a line that says “The Local computer username or password is not valid”

Any suggestions would be most appreciated
Parents
  • On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 19:06:02 GMT, MurphNE
    <MurphNE@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

    >
    >Novell Client 2 SP 3 for Windows 7 64 bit and the inability to log into
    >the desktop for a "NEW" user
    >
    >My issue is that If the username exist already in Windows 7, I can log
    >into Novell and the Window 7 desktop will load
    >
    >HOWEVER if the username doesn't exist and I attempt to log in, I'm able
    >to log into Novell Client
    >
    >BUT I get prompted with another window titled ?og on to this Computer?
    >with a check box ?hange your Windows password to match your Novell
    >Password after success login?
    >1) I insert the password and
    >2) check the box
    >
    >The Result is a line that says ?he Local computer username or password
    >is not valid?
    >
    >Any suggestions would be most appreciated


    The Novell Client does not create local users in Windows. Never has
    as far as I know. You need to either manually create your windows
    accounts or use the Dynamic Local User capabilities provided by
    Zenworks Configuration Management.

    Ken
  • I must be saying it wrong. let me try it this way.

    When a user that never logged into the PC logs in the Desktop used to create the user profile for that username now I get nothing other thean the message from my earlier post.

    So here is what happens when a user trys to log in to a PC they have never logged into before.

    The user get past the Novell login but the Windows 7 PC will not let username log in (they get the message in the post above)
  • On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 20:26:02 GMT, MurphNE
    <MurphNE@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

    >
    >I must be saying it wrong. let me try it this way.
    >
    >When a user that never logged into the PC logs in the Desktop used to
    >create the user profile for that username now I get nothing other thean
    >the message from my earlier post.
    >
    >So here is what happens when a user trys to log in to a PC they have
    >never logged into before.
    >
    >The user get past the Novell login but the Windows 7 PC will not let
    >username log in (they get the message in the post above)


    Sorry, but that is even less clear. I'll make some assumptions.

    * You have a Win7 PC.
    * The user already has an account on the PC, but they have never
    logged into it.
    * When they login for the first time, they get an error that states
    the username or password is not avalid.

    Sounds like the user is using the wrong username or password.

    In your first post you state:
    "BUT I get prompted with another window titled log on to this Computer
    with a check box Change your Windows password to match your Novell
    Password after success login?"

    At that point you must enter the password assigned to the account on
    the PC. Depending upon how you created the account, it may not be the
    same as thier eDirectory password.

    If that doesn't help, try explaining again...or maybe someone else
    will jump in that understands what you are trying to do.

    Ken
  • MurphNE wrote:

    > When a user that never logged into the PC logs in the Desktop used to
    > create the user profile for that username now I get nothing other thean
    > the message from my earlier post.


    As Ken said, a user would only be able to login to a computer they don't
    have an account on if:
    a) the computer was joined to a domain, and they have a domain account. Or
    b) You are using Zenworks with a Dynamic Local User policy.

    I a) then there is a problem with how the PC is in the domain. If no
    domain, then b) must apply, and there is a problem with your Zen agent
    and the policy.

    So, should these be domain login, or DLU ?

    H.

Reply
  • MurphNE wrote:

    > When a user that never logged into the PC logs in the Desktop used to
    > create the user profile for that username now I get nothing other thean
    > the message from my earlier post.


    As Ken said, a user would only be able to login to a computer they don't
    have an account on if:
    a) the computer was joined to a domain, and they have a domain account. Or
    b) You are using Zenworks with a Dynamic Local User policy.

    I a) then there is a problem with how the PC is in the domain. If no
    domain, then b) must apply, and there is a problem with your Zen agent
    and the policy.

    So, should these be domain login, or DLU ?

    H.

Children
  • Hspeirs;2256911 wrote:
    MurphNE wrote:

    > When a user that never logged into the PC logs in the Desktop used to
    > create the user profile for that username now I get nothing other thean
    > the message from my earlier post.


    As Ken said, a user would only be able to login to a computer they don't
    have an account on if:
    a) the computer was joined to a domain, and they have a domain account. Or
    b) You are using Zenworks with a Dynamic Local User policy.

    I a) then there is a problem with how the PC is in the domain. If no
    domain, then b) must apply, and there is a problem with your Zen agent
    and the policy.

    So, should these be domain login, or DLU ?

    H.


    ***************************************
    Thank you
    For some reason I was TOTALLY forgetting about the ZENwork piece.

    Once I installed Zenwork all my issues wentr away

    THANK YOU FOR HELP
  • On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 12:46:01 GMT, MurphNE
    <MurphNE@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

    >Thank you
    >For some reason I was TOTALLY forgetting about the ZENwork piece.
    >
    >Once I installed Zenwork all my issues wentr away


    That would do it. :-)

    I'm glad you have things working now.

    Ken