unable to mount volumes after reboot

I've installed a SLES11sp3 OES11sp2 on XenServer 6.2. I created a pool on another virtual drive(/dev/hdb) and a volume within the pool. I could successfully copy files to the volume.

After some patching, the server was reboot, but the pool and the volume could not be mounted. On iManager, the pool and the volume were not even activated/mounted. Every time the server is reboot, I have to re-initialize /dev/hdb, activate and mount the volume under iManager. I can see the files on the volume after manual intervention, but PCs don't see the files after logging in thru Novell client.

Any clue to the problem???
Parents
  • glio;2326123 wrote:
    I've installed a SLES11sp3 OES11sp2 on XenServer 6.2. I created a pool on another virtual drive(/dev/hdb) and a volume within the pool. I could successfully copy files to the volume.

After some patching, the server was reboot, but the pool and the volume could not be mounted. On iManager, the pool and the volume were not even activated/mounted. Every time the server is reboot, I have to re-initialize /dev/hdb, activate and mount the volume under iManager. I can see the files on the volume after manual intervention, but PCs don't see the files after logging in thru Novell client.

I'm curious: if you use fdisk (or YaST's disk partition tool) and only configure a simple ext3 partition on that second disk, then shutdown and boot the OES server back up again.... is that ext3 partition still visible?

If that is not the case, to me that sounds like some issue I'd be first looking at the virtual server config for. On your XenServer, how is the storage configured for the OES server? What is being pointed at to use for the second disk (file based disk/physical disk space/SAN)? And is that different than what is being used for the OS/hda disk?

Cheers,
    Willem
  • glio;2326123 wrote:

I'm curious: if you use fdisk (or YaST's disk partition tool) and only configure a simple ext3 partition on that second disk, then shutdown and boot the OES server back up again.... is that ext3 partition still visible?

If that is not the case, to me that sounds like some issue I'd be first looking at the virtual server config for. On your XenServer, how is the storage configured for the OES server? What is being pointed at to use for the second disk (file based disk/physical disk space/SAN)? And is that different than what is being used for the OS/hda disk?

Cheers,
    Willem
Children
No Data