Invalid address space state

Hi guys,

Over the weekend I patched one of our netware servers from SP6 to SP8. It runs the groupwise system. This was also upgraded from 7.0.4 to 8.0.2 hp2.

I am getting Invalid Address Space errors in the logger screen. Not sure what is causing it, but I am not sure whether it is a coincidence or symptom as well that WebAccess is experiencing issues with error 503 from the browser.

Troubleshooting this has revealed that restarting tomcat4 fixes it, but only temporarily.

Is it possible that tomcat is the culprit here with the address space issue? How do I find it?

Thanks

Dave
  • You should be seeing errors that indicate the name of the address space which is restarting, e.g.

    Address space FOO removed Sunday, August 7, 2011 1:02:03.456 pm

    Look at the SYS:SYSTEM\ABEND.LOG as well.

    Based on your report, I have to assume its tomcat related, but it would be good to know that. Considering the "changing everything" aspect of the updates, its hard to know what is the issue. How long do you get out of webaccess before it starts acting up?

    -- Bob
  • There was a change in syntax for the address space stuff, but you haven't said whether GW (or anything else) actually uses address spaces on this server? If so let's see the relevant commands please.
  • Sorry for the late replys guys.

    Basically the /nodca switch on the POA fixed a lot of the issues. It appeared to be 2 separate ones - The constant loading and unloading of the Document Conversion Agent and the Tomcat versions.

    Essentially, we would get about 30-45min out of tomcat4 before it fell over.

    We are no longer loading tomcat5 (this was used for our UPS agent on the server)

    Thanks

    Dave
  • Sorry for the late replys guys.

    Basically the /nodca switch on the POA fixed a lot of the issues. It appeared to be 2 separate ones - The constant loading and unloading of the Document Conversion Agent and the Tomcat versions.

    Essentially, we would get about 30-45min out of tomcat4 before it fell over.

    We are no longer loading tomcat5 (this was used for our UPS agent on the server)

    Thanks

    Dave