On 22/07/2005 12:01, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote: > On further investigation I found that iManager no longer worked as well so > I tried the MS solution and restarted the server. > > iManger now worked but uploads via NetStorge still didn't. Tried the MS > solution again and now I can upload via netstorage.
Would you like to share with us what "the MS solution" is?
> On 23/07/2005 01:18, email@example.com wrote: > > > I didn't know it existed. I'll give it a try. > > I was wondering whether the ns65sp3a patch was the cause of your > troubles but since you haven't applied it I guess not! > > I've not had any upload troubles caused by patches but then I'm running > with nw65os3a, n65nss3a, and ns65sp3a all applied, pretty much at the > same time. > > The only upload troubles I've had have been self-caused in that I've > been trying to get NetStorage to only be available securely (HTTPS > rather than HTTP). > > I've discovered if you only configure a virtual server for HTTPS to run > the NetStorage stuff uploads, downloads, and pretty much anything else > will fail since requests should be handled via HTTP. > > I've ended up having to configure a virtual server for HTTP to also > handle NetStorage stuff but to redirect all requests for > HTTP://server/NetStorage to HTTPS://server/NetStorage. > > Now I just need to try and prevent WebDAV access to HTTP instead of HTTPS. > > Simon
I now have the 3 post sp3 patches applied to my test server including ns65sp3a.
Results so far are that NetStorage is working properly with all client functions working for the first time and is responding much more quickly to remote client requests.
The server however is significantly more unstable and the memory leaks appear to have got slightly worse at around 50 cache buffers an hour.
Since applying the post sp3 patches I have noticed the following errors.
1. Running DSRepair shuts down apache
2. On boot up I get "Admin Volume Startup: error resolving volume name = -626"
3. NDPS database has corrupted twice - never happened before with 6.5sp3 and I followed the link test instructions when installing sp3.
4. Terminal abend that I am just about to examine the logs for.
At this stage I am no prepared to apply the patches to my production servers until I work out what is going on.
I started another test session 3 hours ago to see if I get a repeat of the same problems.