Idea ID: 2846514

You need an ARM based client for OES

So Microsoft is the largest PC OS provider on the planet.  It has now developed its own SQ processor.  I just purchased a MS ProX with the /SQ2 processor.  Great machine.  But, as you probably know,  OES client will not install, for me, even with the beta MS x64 emulator patch.  I sent in a SR and was advised there are no current plans to develop a ARM based OES client.  REALLY!!!!!!  When, if ever, are you folks going to learn to play in the same sandbox with the 900 pound gorilla living in your neighborhood.  Do you really think MS is going to just give up or go away on its processor development.  Change, adapt, develop or get left behind.  I am really disappointed with the SR response "Currently, there are no plans to provide an ARM based client."

Very frustrated with Microfocus.  I have been a  Novell/Microfocus customer/user since Novell 2.x., but it looks like its time for a change if you can't adapt.  I'm just a little guy and probably don't matter much but.....  Oh well, I know how it goes.

Stay safe.  johnb

john beuhler

**PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**

cc: SR, Bob

Labels:

Novell Client
Parents
  • John,

That is why the Ideas Exchange is here.  It is all about resources.  Even though Microsoft is offering it, that doesn't mean it will gain a large following or not be discontinued.  Even the gorillas often start something and then decide its not worth it and drop it.  If enough people are considering Windows on ARM and need an OES client and vote for your Idea, MicroFocus may develop the client.

But I agree that it is frustrating in the meantime.

Edited to add...there are ways to connect Windows to MicroFocus products without the OES client.  I use the OES client so I'm not the person to ask about it, but I have seen information out there.

Comment
  • John,

That is why the Ideas Exchange is here.  It is all about resources.  Even though Microsoft is offering it, that doesn't mean it will gain a large following or not be discontinued.  Even the gorillas often start something and then decide its not worth it and drop it.  If enough people are considering Windows on ARM and need an OES client and vote for your Idea, MicroFocus may develop the client.

But I agree that it is frustrating in the meantime.

Edited to add...there are ways to connect Windows to MicroFocus products without the OES client.  I use the OES client so I'm not the person to ask about it, but I have seen information out there.

Children
No Data